2023 Rookie Minicamp / OTAs / Training Camp

Leader

2 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

You're talking about the middle-to-late 1st rounders. I believe the guy you were replying to was calling Marvin Harrison jr. a "Top 5 Overall" talent and assuming the Jets would do so horribly we get into the Top 5 next year?

Most every 'draft guru,' has him in the top 3-4 with two franchise QBs. Most talented WR since Moss, who had a whole punch of red flags when he came out.

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Most every 'draft guru,' has him in the top 3-4 with two franchise QBs. Most talented WR since Moss, who had a whole punch of red flags when he came out.

Which is why I only referred to years when we were drafting within or close to the Top 15, excluding the one year we were at 14 but traded down-then-up- though no comparative WR seemed to be around where we took Jaire. It kinda qualifies as near virginal territory for us, so an exception could still be played there in that spot.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

We had willing players who wanted to remain in GB in the instances you speak of. Bak wants out of GB but he's not being vocal about it. If he was interested in staying beyond this year, we would have worked with the organization to lower his cap number this year. 

He didn't, he's not going to be on the roster at 40 million next year, so he's gone. You can bookmark this post if you want. 

So you know that he wants out, but he's not being vocal about it?

So, it is because he didn't re-do his contract?  Okay......

I saw the interview with him when talked about the team, Rodgers, Love....etc.  He had every opportunity to show just a crack in the armor against GB.  But he didn't.  I guess we shall see.  

29 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

You're talking about the middle-to-late 1st rounders. I believe the guy you were replying to was calling Marvin Harrison jr. a "Top 5 Overall" talent and assuming the Jets would do so horribly we get into the Top 5 next year?

I'm looking at first round WR's in general.  

And I really don't care.  We just don't have much of a draft history for taking WR's in the first.

Then you look at our roster and 1,2,3 are pretty well set.

I'd love a great WR to add to that set.  But I doubt highly that the front office echoes that sentiment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

And I really don't care.  We just don't have much of a draft history for taking WR's in the first.

I'd love a great WR to add to that set.  But I doubt highly that the front office echoes that sentiment.

You have solid history behind your reasoning. Me, I have a dream! LOL 

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Our last two WR that we took in the first round were Javon Walker and Sterling Sharpe. I could swear our third-to-last WR we took there was James Lofton. That's as close to zero as possible.

And maybe it's another Michael Crabtree situation, where we only give it a minor-to-token consideration because we ideally run four-deep at the position. I get that totally.

But this scenario is probably the final frontier and the be-all-end-all finish of the argument about if the FO will EVER go wide-out in the 1st. It's the biggest test of their strategem.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Our last two WR that we took in the first round were Javon Walker and Sterling Sharpe. I could swear our third-to-last WR we took there was James Lofton. That's as close to zero as possible.

And maybe it's another Michael Crabtree situation, where we only give it a minor-to-token consideration because we ideally run four-deep at the position. I get that totally.

But this scenario is probably the final frontier and the be-all-end-all finish of the argument about if the FO will EVER go wide-out in the 1st. It's the biggest test of their strategem.

We traded up for Walker too, right?

In theory we could have traded up for any WR after him.  

And we haven't done it.  It's like we are so confident that we can find quality WR's later.  And history has proven we can.

I'd like Harrison, check that, I'd LOVE him.  But we'd have to really have him far away better on our board than a tackle, pass rusher or coverage corner.  And we shall see.  Both you and I know we will not be in a position to draft that kid, even if we were to package both of our picks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

We traded up for Walker too, right?

In theory we could have traded up for any WR after him.  

And we haven't done it.  It's like we are so confident that we can find quality WR's later.  And history has proven we can.

I'd like Harrison, check that, I'd LOVE him.  But we'd have to really have him far away better on our board than a tackle, pass rusher or coverage corner.  And we shall see.  Both you and I know we will not be in a position to draft that kid, even if we were to package both of our picks.

Outside of that one-in-a-million chance where Rodgers implodes but refuses to sit out, but yeah.

A little competition for Tariq Carpenter who has struggled making the move to LB.

Kent Lee Platte
@MathBomb
Marvin Pierre is a LB prospect in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 9.08 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 244 out of 2648 LB from 1987 to 2023. http://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=23481&ovl=Kent+State

Edited by Brat&Beer

Hey wouldn't want Harrison?  Forget it he won't be a Packer.  We won't be picking that early nor have the ammo or willingness to trade up high enough to get him.  OT and S will be our biggest needs heading into next year.  Just hope the dude doesn't end up in our division.