Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Jacobs isn't going to miss any games when the money is on the line. Bottom of the roster is all about STs. Bolden is steady there. Brown/McCormick are PS candidates. 

Faycon - 2.8 mil dead cap if cut, don't think that make him a lock. It's a 1 year deal and he's injured.

Webb - He makes a case for staying on the roster. CB will be intersting. 

Smith - Don't make assumptions by who the media hype. Have we not learned that lesson? Rookie who they like. Will be a ST player and develop.

Oline:

Miller, Parham, James, Van Roten, Elumenor

Munford, Curtis, Herron (swing tackle with Parker out), Bars or Muti (coin flip)

Dline:

Crosby, Nichols, Tillery, Jones

Wilson, Farrel Jr., Young, Koonce, Silvera 

You can make a case for Butler, Jenkins and Willis. This one will be interesting.

I really don't want to see Bolden on this team role with McCormick. Save the 2M.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Jacobs isn't going to miss any games when the money is on the line. Bottom of the roster is all about STs. Bolden is steady there. Brown/McCormick are PS candidates. 

Faycon - 2.8 mil dead cap if cut, don't think that make him a lock. It's a 1 year deal and he's injured.

Webb - He makes a case for staying on the roster. CB will be intersting. 

Smith - Don't make assumptions by who the media hype. Have we not learned that lesson? Rookie who they like. Will be a ST player and develop.

Oline:

Miller, Parham, James, Van Roten, Elumenor

Munford, Curtis, Herron (swing tackle with Parker out), Bars or Muti (coin flip)

Dline:

Crosby, Nichols, Tillery, Jones

Wilson, Farrel Jr., Young, Koonce, Silvera 

You can make a case for Butler, Jenkins and Willis. This one will be interesting.

• I would put Facyson on PUP.. Corner will prolly get hurt at some point in week 1-6 and we paying him if cut or on the roster 
  • Pola sounds like he outplaying Smith and might earn that spot. Teamer might stick for his special teams ability. Haven't heard much from Johnson.
  • Bolden has no business in the NFL, he's a scholarship player
  • I agree with starting OL. I think Wagner has a good shot at beating out Herron, but we will see. We might opt to keep a vet with Parker out. Wagner had a great game 1. Muti and Curtis have a good shot at being depth 
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

WRs: (6)

Adams, Renfrow, Meyers, Tucker - locks

Carter - for his ST ability. Who is 6 if they keep the same as last year? Dorsett seems obvious but they need size. Can't have 4 small guys on the roster right?

CBs: (6)

Peters, Bennett, Hobbs - locks

Long, Shelley, Robertson - Unless Hall can unseat Amik, which looks doubtful. 

S: (4)

Epps, Moehrig, Smith II - locks

Leaves one spot for Pola-Moa, Teamer - Teamer is clearly the ST ace here and that might solidify it for him

LBs:

Spillane, Deablo, Masterson - locks

Burney, Bolton, Butler - But their names in a hat and draw one. All the same undersized ST player.

At WR, I'm assuming Carter makes it, they've hyped him up. Although I could see him being a surprise cut since he's pretty similar to Tre Tucker, who they also seem to really like. Dorsett and Sims both seem like guys that could make the roster, Dorsett is a burner and Sims is a similar player to Mack Hollins. 

I've heard that Facyson's injury wasn't as bad as it looked. If he's back at camp fairly soon I think he has a pretty decent chance of making the roster over Amik. I agree with the rest of the group. 

It sounds like Pola-Moa is a lock to make the roster, I've heard that he has been playing all over the place with the 1st team defense during camp as the third safety. I actually like that group with him included, it's not sexy but we should have at least 4 solid, playable NFL level talents. 

I think Burney probably makes it as well, maybe they add a veteran, but if they don't then I'd assume Spillane, Deablo, Masterson, and Burney are the main four dudes. Not the greatest but could be okay.

10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I can see Sims as the 6th WR given his size and ability on STs for sure. Renfrow, Carter, Tucker and Dorsett are all 5'10 or under. They need someone with size at depth.

Yeah that’s my thought about Sims, he’s not been mentioned much though.