Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

4 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

We might as well run with Love for the foreseeable future until we are in a position to draft a QB that will make a difference. There’s no use taking a QB just to take one. I’d rather build up the rest of the team. Outside of Brady and Mahomes it seems like most SB winners lately had really good overall teams and QB good enough. As long as he is showing signs of improvement the rest of the year I’d roll with him next year and take the best OL in our position, try to get a WR via trade, FA or 2nd round.

Yeah .. it generally takes a lot more than just a superstar QB.  Look at Rodgers .. ran the gauntlet once in his career, and that was against a really poor bunch of NFC playoff teams in Philly, ATL, and Chicago.  He balled out in the SB though and was the difference in that one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. it generally takes a lot more than just a superstar QB.  Look at Rodgers .. ran the gauntlet once in his career, and that was against a really poor bunch of NFC playoff teams in Philly, ATL, and Chicago.  He balled out in the SB though and was the difference in that one.

You get the QB first then you worry about the rest. If you don't have a good QB you can't win anything. 

8 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

We might as well run with Love for the foreseeable future until we are in a position to draft a QB that will make a difference. There’s no use taking a QB just to take one. I’d rather build up the rest of the team. Outside of Brady and Mahomes it seems like most SB winners lately had really good overall teams and QB good enough. As long as he is showing signs of improvement the rest of the year I’d roll with him next year and take the best OL in our position, try to get a WR via trade, FA or 2nd round.

I think Love is probably safe for this year and next, but I think the Packers will do CYA and draft a talented QB in the draft.  Might not be first round, but I expect one in round 2 or 3.  Got to apply a little more pressure in training camp next year and hope that Love thrives.  If he fizzles thru 24' then you can look to go big game hunting.  For the time being they should build it up around him and try to make things easier for the guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think Love is probably safe for this year and next, but I think the Packers will do CYA and draft a talented QB in the draft.  Might not be first round, but I expect one in round 2 or 3.  Got to apply a little more pressure in training camp next year and hope that Love thrives.  If he fizzles thru 24' then you can look to go big game hunting.  For the time being they should build it up around him and try to make things easier for the guy.

Why does he get 5 years to develop? The Eagles built a Super Bowl roster twice in the same time span it took us to evaluate one player. If we end up with a top 5 pick in a QB heavy draft we have to consider taking one.

9 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Facts suck. If we had an average QB we would he 6-3 this year.

Yah probably ... however, who could the Packers have turned to with their very sad salary cap situation and picking in the bottom 10 each year for years?  Easy to say they'd be 6-3 but how, what, where, when? 

4 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Yah probably ... however, who could the Packers have turned to with their very sad salary cap situation and picking in the bottom 10 each year for years?  Easy to say they'd be 6-3 but how, what, where, when? 

They created the salary cap problem by trading Rodgers. He would have taken a paycut like he did for the Jets if Gute wasnt an absolute snake. This man has been drafting for the future the last 4 drafts and we still suck.