Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

2 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

OTOH when Doubs has been called on, he's come through. He's made some  fantastic catches this year. The only real disappointment is Watson. His body reminds me of Kevin King, thin and fragile. Those kind of body types usually don't last long in the NFL. And his hands have no feel for the ball. At this point the receiver corps is Musgrave, Reed, Wicks, and Doubs, with Watson filling the MVS role of field stretcher. Next year this WR group will be awesome. Build the O-line and bring in a running back or two and this offense will be dangerous. The final piece is Love. The jury is still out on Love, but he's trending right. A solid O-line and another year of experience for the young receivers makes me optimistic that Love can be the guy.

I personally expected a lot more targets to Doubs than what he has gotten.  Hence the "slight" disappointment in him.

And maybe that is more on MLF.  That kid needs the ball more.

Watson really need to run some crossers.  Especially deep crossers.  We need to find ways to get the ball into his hands when he's moving across the field.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I personally expected a lot more targets to Doubs than what he has gotten.  Hence the "slight" disappointment in him.

And maybe that is more on MLF.  That kid needs the ball more.

Watson really need to run some crossers.  Especially deep crossers.  We need to find ways to get the ball into his hands when he's moving across the field.

The play calling by MLF has been suspect at best .. not sure they really know the strengths of the wr's/te's they have.   Must do better.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Love isn't Rodgers

Of course he isn't, as I've said many times he's Brett Favre come back to Green Bay.  Carbon copy in decision making and throwing off back foot into traffic if I ever saw one.  Love has been attending the Brett Favre school of QB play and no doubt has been down at old number 4's house this season.

Well, ok maybe exaggeration a bit.  In all seriousness I do think Love could be good maybe even great.  But he is always going to do what bad Favre did throughout his career, assuming we stick with him.  Just hopefully he won't break that single game interception record Favre set vs the Rams back in 2001.  Single worst QB performance game of all time putting a huge taint on Favre's greatness.

Edited by LLcheesehead12

2 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Just hopefully he won't break that single game interception record Favre set vs the Rams back in 2001.  Single worst QB performance game of all time putting a huge taint on Favre's greatness.

Was that the 6 pick thing in the Playoffs?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hitnhope said:

To be honest I think some of the drops are due to poor ball placement by Love.    We all want Love to succeed and focus on the possible catches that aren't made.   We also need the receivers to succeed, and better QB play would make that easier to realize as well.   

I don't think either is helping the other right now....

Agree, hitnhope.  There have been a lot of drops.  But definitly a bunch of throws that could have been much easier to catch.  I think that's true not only with placement, but also sometimes with timing.  A little late, turning what could have been a straightforward catch into a contested catch.  

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 12:58 PM, vegas492 said:

Dude.  I'm living in a world with Joe Biden and without Jimmy Buffet.  I'm already sad.

And...if this goes against any political stuff on this board, I'll re-phrase.  I'm living in a world with Joe Biden and Donald Trump while being without Jimmy Buffet.  I'm already sad.

You've heard the song about wanting the 15 year old girl to go home, because he's too drunk, and can't control himself right?

11 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Bad deep ball

cant improve 

bust 

Been at his best here when targeting Wicks and Reed (and Musgrave) downfield. Watson and Doubs not so much, but that's probably equally on them as well because they aren't creating the same separation we are seeing from the rookies. 

Where I want to see Love improve the most these next 6 weeks is simply ball placement on the "easier" throws. I thought Orlovsky actually had a good breakdown of Love on McAfee the other day that was very fair. He commented that we are seeing more "great throws" from Love, but not enough consistency on the "good throws." A lot of that is probably still issues with Love's mechanics and feet. Sometimes ball placement is the difference between a 5 yard gain a and 15 yard gain and for me, that's where Love needs to get better and more consistent. It will make a world of difference for his future as an NFL QB. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

you and me both

have responded to a haiku

with a haiku

I specialize in Haikus! 

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Been at his best here when targeting Wicks and Reed (and Musgrave) downfield. Watson and Doubs not so much, but that's probably equally on them as well because they aren't creating the same separation we are seeing from the rookies. 

Where I want to see Love improve the most these next 6 weeks is simply ball placement on the "easier" throws. I thought Orlovsky actually had a good breakdown of Love on McAfee the other day that was very fair. He commented that we are seeing more "great throws" from Love, but not enough consistency on the "good throws." A lot of that is probably still issues with Love's mechanics and feet. Sometimes ball placement is the difference between a 5 yard gain an and 15 yard gain and for me, that's where Love needs to get better and more consistent. It will make a world of difference for his future as an NFL QB. 

Yes, I agree there. Hit the gimmies at a higher rate and I’ll be very happy 

On 11/2/2023 at 3:57 PM, Cousin Eddie said:

Disagree. The Packers are one of the winningest, most financially stable franchises in all of sports. Murphy has done a fantastic job guiding the ship, growing the brand, and increasing revenue. What he's done with the development around Lambeau and the additional revenue it garners alone is top notch. I'd be very satisfied if the replacement came from in house.

Sure but the main business product on the field ain't looking so good. Not that is Murphy's fault. That's his GM fault.