Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

10 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Gutsy performance, but I still think Love is in the Bridgewater/Fitzpatrick/Minshew great backup option territory.

Ceiling is Joe Flacco.

I don’t think he’s it. He can win a Super Bowl, but not at market value.

We'll see but we have to remember, he's playing with a bunch of backups and rookies/2nd year guys this week and last.

This is nothing like the ensemble of weapons that 12 had in 2008.

• Like 1

I think game reps and experience will cure some of the issues you've seen so far. Lots of miscommunication due to having a fully young receiving core with no true security blanket. The fact is that this kid is a gamer. The last thing I'm looking at this year is his completion percentage, for obvious reasons. Progress is all I want to see and if you don't see it so far, that's a you problem.

5 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

The only actual accuracy concerns I have are deep ball. The other accuracy concerns seem to be more communication related (4th down to Taylor).

He needs to nail down the over the shoulder pass trajectory still. He's really good at crossing routes. I also like how he kept going to the well on the Doubs fade. That's a money play with enough shots at it.

Rodgers’ accuracy looked pretty bad most of last year didn’t it? Love seems to show more consistency on short and intermediate throws this year than Rodgers did last year. And about the same accuracy on deep balls. He shows enough flashes on difficult throws that his accuracy can be good consistently with experience and getting on the same page with weapons. Maybe that’s wrong, but I don’t watch him through 3 games and think he’s for sure not going to be good. It feels like his floor is an average to slightly below average starter.

• Like 1