Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

Some of it is Love’s inexperience, and maybe more is our O-line sitch and our JV coaching staff.  I mean, they could bring in Jonathan Taylor to help the run game, but unless our O-line improves and our coaches decide the run game is central to helping a young QB progress, it would be a waste.

Fix the Oline first and I think the offense might have a shot at growth and development.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Some of it is Love’s inexperience, and maybe more is our O-line sitch and our JV coaching staff.  I mean, they could bring in Jonathan Taylor to help the run game, but unless our O-line improves and our coaches decide the run game is central to helping a young QB progress, it would be a waste.

Fix the Oline first and I think the offense might have a shot at growth and development.

Yeah.....the OL is in bad shape at the moment. Our left side is gone. Our RT is working on a creaky knee. Our IOL (minus 74) is suspect IMO. As PR pointed out, we'll probably be able to get by against the run of the mill DLs, but the top tier guys will kick our ***.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

It's hard to run against 8 men in the box. Love may be getting R/P options, and is correctly choosing P because the box is loaded. Unfortunately, he's given medium to deep routes that his line isn't good enough to block for. I'm not a coach, but it seems to me you beat that by going play action with lots of quick short passes. If you can hit 2 out of three 5-6 yard passes, you can move the chains, and force them to drop the LBs into coverage. Then the running game opens up.

I know what are saying but I don't know if play action works if you can't run the ball?

I'm not a blind ******* homer when it comes to Jordan Love no matter what the ARDS wants to think nor am I a blind homer in any regard. The kid has shown what I expected him to show so far this year...a lot of growing pains with a young QB and young group altogether. There are two things that you cannot question. The moxie and the arm strength/tools. He's got both in spades. He was flustered quite a bit last night early but that was the first real game where he got hit in the mouth this year. That second half showed me that he wasn't going to go into a shell like his predecessor. 

Now, what he definitely needs to fix is his god damn footwork. He's not Aaron Rodgers and I hate that he's picked up some of those habits. You should only be throwing off platform when you need to, not on a routine basis. You can't have an accuracy issue and then have fundamental flaws and expect things to fix themselves. How Clements isn't working to coach this out of him is concerning but, then again, Clements was with Aaron for a long time so he may not think they are issues and that could be an issue in and of itself.

You see the stuff that makes the believers excited and you see the stuff that makes the naysayers, well, naysayers. He's going to be more in the Josh Allen and Brett Favre mold if he hits his franchise QB ceiling where you're going to have to live with the bad because the good is so damn good when it's good. He's not the Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers type. He's not a non-risk taker. That much is for god damn sure and I'm here for it. The kid is a gamer and you win with gamers.  

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Norm said:

They do this with everything and they never learn from it

You'd think after 2006, 2008, watching any team in a mini-rebuild, or the general consensus that this was a .500-ish squad that the desire to act like the sky is falling would be just a little bit lessened.

Are there things to be concerned about? Sure, absolutely. But this is also a team paying $60M to two players who are not playing any snaps for the team right now and is the youngest in the league with a QB who has started all of 6 games with receiving options who are mostly first and second year players. 

Also fire Joe Barry into the sun.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Now, what he definitely needs to fix is his god damn footwork.

Said this during the game more than once I think. Seemed like every throw was over that. SOMETIMES it was pressure, sometimes I'm like you didn't need to throw it like that...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I know what are saying but I don't know if play action works if you can't run the ball?

You know what's weird, I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of advanced stats that says it still works pretty good..I could be making that up but I swear I've seen those before

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Said this during the game more than once I think. Seemed like every throw was over that. SOMETIMES it was pressure, sometimes I'm like you didn't need to throw it like that...

Yep. He's making it harder on himself. He had Doubs open on the left sideline on a drive and he found it a little later than he should've. His footwork was so god damn spazztastic that the throw missed Doubs by 5 yards to the outside. The entire throw looked awkward. There was pressure but the footwork, my lord.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. He's making it harder on himself. He had Doubs open on the left sideline on a drive and he found it a little later than he should've. His footwork was so god damn spazztastic that the throw missed Doubs by 5 yards to the outside. The entire throw looked awkward. There was pressure but the footwork, my lord.

Yeah I think that's one of the ones where I commented like, wtf man

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah I think that's one of the ones where I commented like, wtf man

ya for sure, but then you see him flick his wrist and launch the ball thirty five yards down the field to Samari Toure. 

Definitely a roller coaster ride so far lol

Edited by sgtcheezwiz
  • Like 1