Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

I might have to post this every day on this thread for the remainder of this season for it to sink in for some:  there’s no reasonable way to evaluate Love given the current circumstances.  Between the OL situation and youth on this roster, and several other factors, it’s damn near impossible to judge Love’s capabilities.

A large portion of this fan base is unable to separate Love’s potential from the results we’re seeing on offense, and that will make this season more unbearable to tolerate than the team itself.

Meh, it’s pointless to post this every day.  It’s been posted countless times already by other posters and yet it’s still not sinking in.  I’m out.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

I might have to post this every day on this thread for the remainder of this season for it to sink in for some:  there’s no reasonable way to evaluate Love given the current circumstances.  Between the OL situation and youth on this roster, and several other factors, it’s damn near impossible to judge Love’s capabilities.

A large portion of this fan base is unable to separate Love’s potential from the results we’re seeing on offense, and that will make this season more unbearable to tolerate than the team itself.

Meh, it’s pointless to post this every day.  It’s been posted countless times already by other posters and yet it’s still not sinking in.  I’m out.

It's not even all Love "hate" or anything. It's like we're just not used to this kind of record and it has to be the worst thing or like no way we can have another good QB right after or something. 

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's not even all Love "hate" or anything. It's like we're just not used to this kind of record and it has to be the worst thing or like no way we can have another good QB right after or something. 

Yeah, we’ve grown accustomed to top-tier play for so long that folks, including myself, experience real disappointment when the team is playing like arse.  It’s easy to lose perspective.

I’m not sure what to make of Love.  All I know is our basis for evaluating any QB in this offense is FUBAR.  Not sure at what point we’ll be able to say “yeah, Love sucks, or, man, Love has really shown us something” until the OL, coaching, rookies at nearly every position, improve to give us a fair baseline for evaluation. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Jalen Hurts benefits more from that OL than he does from AJ Brown.

I would agree if Love could sit behind a line like that, he would be posting top 10 numbers. 

It's both. Don't be dumb and act like that's the same team without AJ Brown man. He's one of their top 5 players right now. Eagles are a different team without him just like GB was a different team last year without 17. 

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It's both. Don't be dumb and act like that's the same team without AJ Brown man. He's one of their top 5 players right now. Eagles are a different team without him just like GB was a different team last year without 17. 

You could swap Christian Watson for AJ right now on that team and they'd still be #1 in the NFC. AJ is playing elite, but first and foremost it's about protecting your QB.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

That's the point between Love and Hurts .. Love doesn't have a top notch OL or AJ and Hurts does.  No frickin way can Love have any chance of being objectively critiqued with what he's got for an offense including the play calling.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

That's the point between Love and Hurts .. Love doesn't have a top notch OL or AJ and Hurts does.  No frickin way can Love have any chance of being objectively critiqued with what he's got for an offense including the play calling.

I agree wholeheartedly.

54 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You could swap Christian Watson for AJ right now on that team and they'd still be #1 in the NFC. AJ is playing elite, but first and foremost it's about protecting your QB.

This ^

MLF should kick Steno back into the OL room for a couple weeks...so he can rearrange the furniture in there an (hopefully) get them playing at a higher level. I seriously doubt the offense would suffer much of a setback without his game planning.

Edited by Leader

7 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I agree for the most part that's it's awfully hard to judge Love with his current surrounding cast, but at the same time, it sure sounds like the Packers will be judging him over the remainder of the season after hearing what Gutey said.

"It's not evaluating the quarterback, but everything, all the players," said GM Brian Gutekunst on Wednesday. "When the group as a whole is not functioning the way that it should function it's hard to evaluate anybody. At the same time, it's on us to get that right so we move forward and evaluate the guys that we have in the room. When we are not clicking it'd tough to evaluate anything."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

swap doubs and watson for their 2 and they would have more problems but they will still be better off than the packers.

OL is important

WR is also important