Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

I think we all had unrealistic expectations for what Love could do with such a young group on offense. Then we lose Bak and the offensive line falls apart. 

It was going to be brutal growing pains. What I'm looking for the rest of the year is growth. Growth with Love and his receivers being on the same page. Growth with Love on his deep passing. Growth with the offensive line coming together and improving.

Also, more Sean Rhyan please. He looked like he won on every down in the one series he played. He was better on that one drive than Runyan has ever been in his Packer career. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 3

Love had some good throws today, but he's still struggling with the deep ball. 

Runyon's injury turned the game around. I have to eat some crow on Rhyan. He's looking better. I would start him over Runyon for the rest of the season to let him develop. Runyon is gone after this season anyway. 

I want to see Johnson and Ford together as our starting safeties for a few games. Just curious to see what a couple of guys who can tackle and catch the ball might do out there.

Those young D-linemen look great.

Wicks, Doubs, and Reed give me hope. Watson may never be more than a field stretcher (pun intended) but those three look like a solid core group. 

Valentine looks like the reason Douglas was traded. 

Myers must have finally got the memo. 

I'm still looking for that left tackle. Alt?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I think we all had unrealistic expectations for what Love could do with such a young group on offense. Then we lose Bak and the offensive line falls apart. 

It was going to be brutal growing pains. What I'm looking for the rest of the year is growth. Growth with Love and his receivers being on the same page. Growth with Love on his deep passing. Growth with the offensive line coming together and improving.

Also, more Sean Rhyan please. He looked like he won on every down in the one series he played. He was better on that one drive than Runyan has ever been in his Packer career. 

I thought I saw him manhandle Donald on at least one play

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

This narrative gets way overblown though and comes off as excuse-making as a result. C.J. Stroud, who is an actual rookie QB, just threw for 470 today and 5 tuds and his cast is a bunch of young guys like Noah Brown, Nico Collins and Tank Dell. He has one vet player in Schultz, that's it. 

Our struggles have been wayyyy beyond "oh we're young." I'm waiting for Love to have a game just close to what I saw from Stroud today and I'll feel better. 

• Like 6

I just want Love to have efficient days like today and grow from it. Like okay you got your 70+ completion percentage, now whats next? Make some more plays deep down field, make things easier for yourself in the pocket. I want to see that improvement more than anything, give us more to like down the stretch here. But you gotta get this deep stuff figured out. Unless we don't win like 3 more games, I feel like we give him one more year, but its going to come down to that deep game, he really needs to improve that or he's not our future.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I just want Love to have efficient days like today and grow from it. Like okay you got your 70+ completion percentage, now whats next? Make some more plays deep down field, make things easier for yourself in the pocket. I want to see that improvement more than anything, give us more to like down the stretch here. But you gotta get this deep stuff figured out. Unless we don't win like 3 more games, I feel like we give him one more year, but its going to come down to that deep game, he really needs to improve that or he's not our future.

Yea gotta stack successes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

This narrative gets way overblown though and comes off as excuse-making as a result. C.J. Stroud, who is an actual rookie QB, just threw for 470 today and 5 tuds and his cast is a bunch of young guys like Noah Brown, Nico Collins and Tank Dell. He has one vet player in Schultz, that's it. 

Our struggles have been wayyyy beyond "oh we're young." I'm waiting for Love to have a game just close to what I saw from Stroud today and I'll feel better. 

Hes not going to.  He's Marcus Mariota.  A guy who can play well on occasion. but won't take you anywhere.   He'll get a little better, and have some good games, but I wouldn't count on him being a franchise QB.  

Edited by NFLGURU

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

You got it or you don't, simple as that. Three years behind Rodgers and he still stinks, no bueno. How you fell about it?

16 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Had we not played Chicago first , I think we would’ve had our expectations at a better place . 

Maybe, I’m looking for reasons to be optimistic; but should we be looking at Love’s year with a differently  considering that QB play is down id say quite a bit? I don’t see much elite QB play at all this year and down seasons for a lot of QBs.

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

88% adjusted completion % and the highest PFF rating on the team. Trying to find the haters this week.

wheret-they-at-doe-newscaster.gif

This doesn't work when there are plenty of posts on this page that are critical of him. We're also talking about a guy who had 228 yards and a TD against an awful team. That is not at all something we should be boasting about.

That said, I liked what I saw this week. The last two games have been trending in the right direction for him, and that's what we want to see. Hopefully he can keep the momentum going and really build something by the end of the year.

1 minute ago, Mox said:

This doesn't work when there are plenty of posts on this page that are critical of him. We're also talking about a guy who had 228 yards and a TD against an awful team. That is not at all something we should be boasting about.

That said, I liked what I saw this week. The last two games have been trending in the right direction for him, and that's what we want to see. Hopefully he can keep the momentum going and really build something by the end of the year.

He completed 88% of the passes he threw to receivers in a sloppy, rainy game at Lambeau. Plenty to boast about. If he plays like that consistently in poor weather, we'll be very hard to beat at home once we've retooled the OL and secondary next year.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

He completed 88% of the passes he threw to receivers in a sloppy, rainy game at Lambeau. Plenty to boast about. If he plays like that consistently in poor weather, we'll be very hard to beat at home once we've retooled the OL and secondary next year.

I certainly hope so.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Love had himself a damn game and although I'm not at all surprised there hasn't been a more positive reception, I'm still disappointed.  His actual passes aside, four drives died to two lost fumbles and two ticky-tack fourth down penalties, a fifth ended in a missed field goal, and none of it seemed to faze him.  This was a franchise QB game, it just didn't show up in the box score. 

• Like 4