Around the NFC East

turtle28

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No excuses for Rivera

I’m loving this with the Giants. Just waiting for them to give Danny Dimes a big extension in the afterglow of the 5-1 start. That would be the icing on the cake. 

Look, they’re scrappy and they’re making plays when they need to right now. But they got pretty well outplayed today, and somehow managed to pull it out. I assume that’s been the case in a couple of these close wins. It has a lot of “2020 WFT 2nd half run” feel to it. Even “2021 WFT midseason run,” to be honest. More fun to win than lose…but what does it all really amount to? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’m loving this with the Giants. Just waiting for them to give Danny Dimes a big extension in the afterglow of the 5-1 start. That would be the icing on the cake. 

Look, they’re scrappy and they’re making plays when they need to right now. But they got pretty well outplayed today, and somehow managed to pull it out. I assume that’s been the case in a couple of these close wins. It has a lot of “2020 WFT 2nd half run” feel to it. Even “2021 WFT midseason run,” to be honest. More fun to win than lose…but what does it all really amount to? 

I don’t think they’ll resign Daniel jones . He’s had some game winners bud he absolutely has not played to a franchise caliber qb standard . They will draft a qb for the cheap and build around him.

Jones will sign else where imo 

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Cooper Rush turning back into a pumpkin on SNF tonight. That felt inevitable, though his “Heinicke” moment lasted a bit longer than I expected it might. 

Perhaps the pumpkin rides again. 

Bummer to see my guy Ferguson from Wisconsin contributing in a significant way already for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Cooper Rush turning back into a pumpkin on SNF tonight. That felt inevitable, though his “Heinicke” moment lasted a bit longer than I expected it might. 

Well he’s playing like crap and the Cowboys are within 3. If it wasn’t evident before tonight it most likely will be after but with Dak Prescott playing this game probably isn’t even close. The cowboys are just leaps and bounds better than the rest of the East. Just insane how far behind these three teams we are. 

• Like 1

I’m not sold on the eagles yet. They are going be 6-0 but they’re inconsistent  in the second half and have played the worst teams in the nfl minus the Vikings . The cowboys if they had dak wins today. 

I got a feeling the cowboys are going to the superbowl ….there only real weakness is stopping the run . Once dak is back he’s going boost the passing game and knowing Jerry jones he’s going to trade for a wideout .

I hate to admit it …. But this cowboys team is going be better than last year . Last year the cowboys lacked a run game and depended all on the passing . With a better pass rush /secondary play and an establish run game I don’t think they’ll lose but maybe one more game . 

Edited by IHatesnyder

13 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

I don’t think they’ll resign Daniel jones . He’s had some game winners bud he absolutely has not played to a franchise caliber qb standard . They will draft a qb for the cheap and build around him.

Jones will sign else where imo 

As of right now, they won’t have to pay a huge contract to re-sign him. He’s 5-1, you keep a 5-1 QB. I’d draft a young QB in the mid rounds to develop behind him as a back up & maybe eventual starter but I wouldn’t let Jones go if they go to the playoffs.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

As of right now, they won’t have to pay a huge contract to re-sign him. He’s 5-1, you keep a 5-1 QB. I’d draft a young QB in the mid rounds to develop behind him as a back up & maybe eventual starter but I wouldn’t let Jones go if they go to the playoffs.

There going draft a QB

unless jones is very wow I just can’t see a upgraded FO ignoring a qb