Around the NFC East

turtle28

On 3/11/2022 at 10:06 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

I will forever and a day that teams win games, not just QBs. Dak has played fine in playoff games, he’s just lost to teams that we’re better than the Cowboys. Kirk has played well in his 2 playoff games too. One he won vs New Orleans as the Vikings QB, one he lost for Washington when Rodgers brought the Packers back. Anyone who watched the Packers loss knows that DJax should’ve done more to get into the endozne in the first quarter. Then, we ran the ball 3 times from the 1 and our OL/Morris couldn’t get in for a TD.

Hows that Cousins’s fault? Our D played like crap in the 2nd half. I don’t know. Again, the team lost the Packers playoff game, not just Kirk. Kirk was 63%, 329 yards, a TD (which should’ve been 2 if DJax had dove into the end zone in the 1st Q)

Kirk’s career stats vs the Packers & Rodgers:

Kirk Cousins has a passer rating of 107.5 with 2,583 yards, 19 touchdowns and 5 interceptions in 9 games in the regular-season and playoffs versus the Packers in his career.”

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/cousins-stats-vs-packers-including-postseason

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Exciting player. 

Toney has opted not to take part in the team’s voluntary offseason program under new coach Brian Daboll, which could serve as the last straw for the Giants.

According to Leonard, “There was some internal momentum for bailing on Toney during his tumultuous rookie season a year ago. His commitment came into question behind the scenes during his rookie year due to lack of playbook study, poor meeting behavior and frequent injuries.”

Toney had foot issues that limited his work in the spring after a late start due to a delay in signing his contract. He then dealt with COVID-19 and a hamstring injury during training camp. Toney expressed frustration with a limited role early in the regular season before missing six of the final seven games with another bout of COVID, an oblique injury and a shoulder injury.

He was ejected from a loss to the Cowboys for throwing a punch.

It added up to a disappointing and frustrating rookie season for both the wideout and the team.

Toney, 23, made 39 catches for 420 yards and no touchdowns last season.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

O K, I can't find the "Things other" thread so I'm hijackin' this one -sorry. Not NFC East but- can you imagine the heat we'd take if this had been us ? The great coach of New Eng seems to get a pass of his screw ups !

https://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/23889/Patriots-send-former-first-round-pick-to-Bears-for-seventh-round-pick

At least they got a 7th right? Doctson just got cut. 😉

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 10:54 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Exciting player. 

Toney has opted not to take part in the team’s voluntary offseason program under new coach Brian Daboll, which could serve as the last straw for the Giants.

According to Leonard, “There was some internal momentum for bailing on Toney during his tumultuous rookie season a year ago. His commitment came into question behind the scenes during his rookie year due to lack of playbook study, poor meeting behavior and frequent injuries.”

Toney had foot issues that limited his work in the spring after a late start due to a delay in signing his contract. He then dealt with COVID-19 and a hamstring injury during training camp. Toney expressed frustration with a limited role early in the regular season before missing six of the final seven games with another bout of COVID, an oblique injury and a shoulder injury.

He was ejected from a loss to the Cowboys for throwing a punch.

It added up to a disappointing and frustrating rookie season for both the wideout and the team.

Toney, 23, made 39 catches for 420 yards and no touchdowns last season.

Juicy! I don’t want him/we don’t need him but I love that one of our rivals’s first round pick from last year isn’t showing up to their off-season work out program & they want to trade a very very talented young WR.

On 7/13/2022 at 8:58 AM, MikeT14 said:

At least they got a 7th right? Doctson just got cut. 😉

True story, meanwhile, the OLE’ OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY WR that Jay Gruden wanted & Scott McCloughan passed on in the 2016 draft (Michael Thomas, Saints) is set to return this season after and ankle injury & probably have another great year!

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Juicy! I don’t want him/we don’t need him but I love that one of our rivals’s first round pick from last year isn’t showing up to their off-season work out program & they want to trade a very very talented young WR.

He was mocked to us in a few drafts ! Whew !

• Like 1