Around the NFC East

turtle28

On 11/30/2022 at 9:53 AM, Scott Land said:

I at no point expected Wentz to be a long term answer, but obviously I wished for it. Are you saying that Taylor has been more accurate? Because completion % would tell you you're wrong. The reason Carson wasn't "efficient" was because our o-line was trash. Try to be accurate when you're getting hit within 2-3 seconds every time you drop back. Getting Tyler Larsen back was also huge, did you watch Nick Martin's snaps? They were actually a joke. Also missing all of the tight ends who have been showing they can block make a huge difference. And the 7 step drops 40+ times a game was just idiotic game planning. The offense has completely changed and I'd like to see what it'd be like with Wentz when he gets to hand it off more than throw and be able to do some play action be able to use his arm. Obviously you can't go back to Wentz now after Taylor has been winning, but he's going to lose a big game from a horrendous throw. 

I’ve said for a month or longer that the offense runs better with Heinicke in there. The team also plays well when Heinicke is leading them. We started winning with Heinicke when we were at 1-4 before the Bears win which was really almost a loss if not for our 2 defensive stands inside the 5 yard line.

Heinicke had a bad int vs the Vikings which was a main reason we lost his only game as a starter, but Wentz had just as bad into vs the Cowboys when he threw into double covered with 10 minutes left at our own 20 yard line when he had Logan & Terry wide open for at worse 10-yrs gains.

Then, obviously Wentz’s back to back ints vs the Jags we’re both awful & his int vs the Titans to lose that game.

Wentz has all the talent in the world, dude steps off the bus & onto the field looking like a top 5 QB in the league at 6’5 w/ riffle arm. He rarely plays up to his potential though & if he does it’s never for 4 quarters. I also don’t know what it is with Carson’s personality or whatever been he’s never been viewed as a leader in the locker room for the Eagels, Colts or Commanders. 

Heinicke is a very like-able guy, he’s a leader & it shows w/ the juice the team has played with since the 2nd quarter of the Packers game.

I don’t hate Carson, I just don’t think he has “it” And that’s been proven for 3 years straight on 3 different teams. I’d love Carson to be our answer for the next decade, I just don’t think he is though & I think it’s obvious he’s not that dude. And sadly for him, he broke his finger & then the team started winning with Heinicke as the starter. 

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’ve said for a month or longer that the offense runs better with Heinicke in there. The team also plays well when Heinicke is leading them. We started winning with Heinicke when we were at 1-4 before the Bears win which was really almost a loss if not for our 2 defensive stands inside the 5 yard line.

Heinicke had a bad int vs the Vikings which was a main reason we lost his only game as a starter, but Wentz had just as bad into vs the Cowboys when he threw into double covered with 10 minutes left at our own 20 yard line when he had Logan & Terry wide open for at worse 10-yrs gains.

Then, obviously Wentz’s back to back ints vs the Jags we’re both awful & his int vs the Titans to lose that game.

Wentz has all the talent in the world, dude steps off the bus & onto the field looking like a top 5 QB in the league at 6’5 w/ riffle arm. He rarely plays up to his potential though & if he does it’s never for 4 quarters. I also don’t know what it is with Carson’s personality or whatever been he’s never been viewed as a leader in the locker room for the Eagels, Colts or Commanders. 

Heinicke is a very like-able guy, he’s a leader & it shows w/ the juice the team has played with since the 2nd quarter of the Packers game.

I don’t hate Carson, I just don’t think he has “it” And that’s been proven for 3 years straight on 3 different teams. I’d love Carson to be our answer for the next decade, I just don’t think he is though & I think it’s obvious he’s not that dude. And sadly for him, he broke his finger & then the team started winning with Heinicke as the starter. 

That drives me insane. Not just you, but I've seen multiple people say this (bolded). You constantly use these hypotheticals and they are all hypocritical. We ALMOST won against the Titans we were on the goal line but just barely their defense had great stand. What JUST happened against the Falcons? How'd that game end? Defensive stop at the goal line? One of Carson's picks against the Jags was bad the other was a really good play by Walker on a poorly executed screen play. How'd that game end by the way? Did we win? And didn't Carson have 300+ and 4 TD's? Hmm. Carson's pick against the Cowboys was with 5:36 left in the 4th and we were down 22-10. Taylor's INT was with 8 minutes left in the 4th up 17-10. I'll let you decide which interception was more impactful to the win or loss of their game. Pretty poor comparison if you ask me.

We aren't winning because of Heinicke. He has not won us 1 single game. He's averaging 194 yards per game, quit acting like he's something more than he is. I want him to succeed but get realistic. 

Edited by Scott Land

3 hours ago, Scott Land said:

That drives me insane. Not just you, but I've seen multiple people say this (bolded). You constantly use these hypotheticals and they are all hypocritical. We ALMOST won against the Titans we were on the goal line but just barely their defense had great stand. What JUST happened against the Falcons? How'd that game end? Defensive stop at the goal line? One of Carson's picks against the Jags was bad the other was a really good play by Walker on a poorly executed screen play. How'd that game end by the way? Did we win? And didn't Carson have 300+ and 4 TD's? Hmm. Carson's pick against the Cowboys was with 5:36 left in the 4th and we were down 22-10. Taylor's INT was with 8 minutes left in the 4th up 17-10. I'll let you decide which interception was more impactful to the win or loss of their game. Pretty poor comparison if you ask me.

We aren't winning because of Heinicke. He has not won us 1 single game. He's averaging 194 yards per game, quit acting like he's something more than he is. I want him to succeed but get realistic. 

I hear you on those points, that fair. We aren’t losing bc of Heinicke either & his leadership/like ability is infectious throughout the team as I said. We all played team sports for decades we know there are certain guys who are just natural infectious leaders & then there are guys who have all the talent but aren’t great leaders. Heinicke is the former, Wentz is the later.

I compare Wentz to Jason Campbell. Both had rifle arms were big strong guys but they both held onto the ball too long, took a lot of hits & took it’s told on JC & had taken it’s toll on Wentz. Wentz has poor pocket presence, he takes bad sacks which puts our O in 2nd/3rd & long plus Carson sees the rush when pressured more than the open receivers which are his outlets 5-10 yards downfield.

These are just facts. They can’t be argued & I’m sorry, it just is what it is.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/14/2023 at 3:16 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Eagles have lost their offensive and defensive coordinators this year. It will be interesting to see where they go moving forward. 

They’ve drafted pretty well though for the future to replace guys. I guess we’ll see how they new coordinators work out. Don’t know until they coach.

• 2 weeks later...