2023 WC Finals: (1) Denver Nuggets vs (7) Los Angeles Lakers

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I can think of three reasons LeBron would want to retire:

1) He's too prideful to have a season where he's truly a shell of himself.

2) It's absolute torture to keep his body in "LeBron shape" at the age of 39, especially when a nagging injury is guaranteed every year

3) Forcing your son to have to play with/for you is too much pressure on him. Maybe he wants to let him forge his own path without being resented by his future teammates for getting special treatment.

1. He's still very good, just not MVP, ATG level. Bron cannot consistently play to that level game in and game out.

2. This is fair and he needs to evaluate can he go through another tough season with all his injuries? And if he has surgery, that's going to be a long recovery that has him on the sidelines to start the season.

3. Sure, but who started this in the first place? LeBron is the one who brought up the idea of wanting to play with his son. HE started this narrative. 

• Like 1

Thankfully Bron came to his senses. That was crazy pressure he was putting on Bronny and it was something he just stated without talking to his son. 

I can see a scenario where Bronny told him he wants Bron to retire when he gets to the league. 

53 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thankfully Bron came to his senses. That was crazy pressure he was putting on Bronny and it was something he just stated without talking to his son. 

I can see a scenario where Bronny told him he wants Bron to retire when he gets to the league. 

Is this a forgone conclusion if his father isn't in the league? I've watched him a few times. He didn't really come off as anything special as a ball player. 

2 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Is this a forgone conclusion if his father isn't in the league? I've watched him a few times. He didn't really come off as anything special as a ball player. 

I mean he's making the league, it's just going to happen lol. He's a top 20 prospect in his class and he has traits that should get him to the NBA. He's an unspectacular player compared to other top prospects but he's a big strong guard with very good athleticism and is a good defender....Can shoot the ball as well. That's the definition of an NBA player. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean he's making the league, it's just going to happen lol. He's a top 20 prospect in his class and he has traits that should get him to the NBA. He's an unspectacular player compared to other top prospects but he's a big strong guard with very good athleticism and is a good defender....Can shoot the ball as well. That's the definition of an NBA player. 

Also, I think he's got tools and is super coachable. That's going to get him looks regardless.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He said that a week or two ago. People selectively edited that out of his last statement.

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Unless he flames out at USC, he'll be drafted. He compares to a player like De'Anthony Melton.

If he grows 2 inches, then that would really help.

Yeah, pendulum swung too far the other direction with calling Bronny a bad prospect. He's definitely not his dad, and he's definitely not one of the top prospects of his class, but he's easily a non-lottery 1st round level of prospect right now. The question was just if he could go higher if guaranteed to play with Bron, where a team would take a chance on him.

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Windy was on ESPN saying he’s never seen a better performanc by a team that got swept.. Nasty nasty stuff 

Lmao. If only there were a way to look at point differential in a sweep and see what the closest series were...

For those curious: Closest sweep ever is tied between the Cavs > Pacers 2017 first round and Warriors > Bullets 1975 Finals. 3rd place is last year's Celtics/Nets series.

10 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Windy was on ESPN saying he’s never seen a better performanc by a team that got swept.. Nasty nasty stuff 

Lol when KD got swept by the Celtics last year it’s a stain. When Lebron gets swept it’s best performance by a team that got swept ever. Granted KD played like crap 3 out of 4 games but damn 

Edited by Kip Smithers
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Anybody buy that Lebron floated this idea of retirement to divert attention over the fact he got swept? 

With him being so calculated, I wouldn’t even rule it out completely lmao

Certainly possible.

Also puts some pressure on the organization to pursue things/ players he wants or he retires 

24 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Anybody buy that Lebron floated this idea of retirement to divert attention over the fact he got swept? 

With him being so calculated, I wouldn’t even rule it out completely lmao

No.  He's 38 years old.  He's close to retirement.