Week 13 Gameday thread

RamRod

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

When they’re coupled together, it’s inprtant to mention. You can’t just separate the stats when his yardage came while throwing a high completion percentage.

If a lot of the yardage is yac, it's hardly impressive. I see what you're trying to argue and I get it, but it'd be better shown through a combo of completion % + average yards traveled to receiver. I know the last stat is out there but I wouldn't know where to find it. I don't even doubt Brees lacks in the stat. I'm simply saying, even in your argument, the completion % stat isn't the best out there to prove your point.

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

No. I thought you were saying Brees’ completion percentage this year was going to be record breaking, when I’m pretty sure it isn’t unless you start adding ESPN level qualifiers.

He's been going back and forth this year between being just above Bradfords mark last year and just below

Shula....

If you're going to run a route on 4th down that is short of the sticks, it has to be over the middle.  Why on earth would you do run an out-breaking hitch to the short side of the field short of the sticks?  It doesn't allow the WR any chance of picking up the YAC needed for a 1st down.

1 minute ago, RedRider said:

If a lot of the yardage is yac, it's hardly impressive. I see what you're trying to argue and I get it, but it'd be better shown through a combo of completion % + average yards traveled to receiver. I know the last stat is out there but I wouldn't know where to find it. I don't even doubt Brees lacks in the stat. I'm simply saying, even in your argument, the completion % stat isn't the best out there to prove your point.

Brees doesn't have a great deep ball this year, but historically, Brees has been accurate in long passes, and has had a high comp% while also throwing 650 times a year for 5k yards.

Archived