2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

12 minutes ago, malak1 said:

I don't get the hate for Montgomery on Bears twitter. From my understanding, dude just wanted to get paid. Nothing wrong with that. 

I certainly don't hate Monty...I think he did pretty well for us but it was clear it was time to move on for all parties.

• Like 1

Monty looked okay and so did Gibbs. Lions had great play calling last night, but I also don't think the Chiefs defense is very good especially without Chris Jones. Chiefs are built to outscore their defense ever since Mahomes got that extension. 

I'm against giving a QB a monster extension like that as it cripples the team for years in other areas. Lets hope JF1 can make the leap while still on a rookie deal 🤞

In 2023, Mahomes' cap hit will account for 22.1% of cap dollars — but as the limit continues to rise, Spotrac now estimates the quarterback's share will fall to 17.7% in 2024, 13.4% in 2025 and 8.5% in 2026.

Edited by anonymousGM

monty had a classic monty game. 21 carries, 74 yards, 1 td. take away the 9 yard td (i know you can't just "take away" stats) and he had 20 carries for 65 yards, good for 3.25 y/c. plus he got WRECKED by Bolton on the blitz. 

Poles had a price point for a good not great player and didn't overpay. I'm fine with the whole situation

Idk how Montgomery always looks better than his abysmal statline. I do think he improves over his last year numbers with a better line. He has flashes of good running, but never does it consistently. Im still team monty even though it hurt seeing him in another jersey. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I only have seen some highlights but it looked like Taylor was beaten like a drum .even while being too far back and jumping the snap early. Was it actually that bad or or just a selective view?

Taylor was bad, and false started almost every snap but was not called for it. The announcers even called him a slot receiver at one point.

• Like 1

Desmond Ridder isn't the answer in Atlanta that is for sure...would be far better off with Heinicke in there...

Young has made the throws he should have when guys have been wide open (usually the TE & attacking the middle of the field since Atlanta don't seem to want to cover there) he has missed on every difficult throw mind you...very little speed in the WR core for him to find.

Week 1 always good for some "wtf" results. 

Cinci got destroyed by Cleveland... Vikes lost to Tampa.... Decent passing numbers from Bryce Young for a first game, ditto CJ Shroud. 

Edit. Oh, forgot about Richardson. Very decent start to his career (only looking at box score for these) 

And damn Zay Flowers is already a beast. 

Edited by Epyon

2 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Week 1 always good for some "wtf" results. 

Cinci got destroyed by Cleveland... Vikes lost to Tampa.... Decent passing numbers from Bryce Young for a first game, ditto CJ Shroud. 

Atlanta baited him excellently...they left massive space across the middle of the field time after time to give him easy completions then would show him something different and picked him off twice over the middle...Jessie Bates made him look like a rookie on those interceptions...Young will be a good QB but like any rookie it is going to take him some time.

Watching highlights around the league. Broncos game shows we may have dodged a bullet paying McGlinchey. He’s getting ragdolled on almost every pass play. NFL’s YouTube is pretty indiscriminate on their highlights. There are plays where nothing even happened lol. Ton of PI’s in this game too.