Biggest Questions Going Into Camps

dll2000

38 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

There is no doubt to me if they just leave him in one spot it will help him. 

I think that’s the biggest thing. He played better on the outside toward the end of the year, but it was also the first time he was only responsible for one of the two spots. Really simplified everything for him

His skills and attitude make him a great fit for that Nickel/Slot spot. And I think getting Stevenson was big in setting the responsibilities across that secondary.

Although I don’t think they will produce good numbers as a group this year. We just won’t likely have enough pressure up front, but the secondary will get hit with the blame from the lowest common denominator fan

• Like 2

21 hours ago, dll2000 said:
23 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Where have you seen he "doesnt love NB"? Ive never seen or heard anything like that with Gordon

And I still disagree with anyone that says Gordon was bad or a disappointment as a Rookie

CHGO and another couple of bears podcasts reported he said given his druthers he prefers to play outside.   But I have seen quotes where he says he likes nickel.

Preferring outside isn’t the same as not loving NB. 

21 hours ago, dll2000 said:

There is no doubt to me if they just leave him in one spot it will help him.   Nickel and Boundary Corner are two pretty different positions.

Flus even said that in a pre-season interview last year.   He said he wouldn't want to play a rookie at corner and nickel.   That would be too hard and unfair.   And then he did it.

I think that was out of necessity rather than desire. The other options were Kindle Vildor and UDFA guys. The additions of Stevenson and Smith will hopefully negate that need in 2023 as attrition becomes a factor. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

And I still disagree with anyone that says Gordon was bad or a disappointment as a Rookie

I’m with you on this. I thought he played like a 2nd round rookie CB - flashes of really good play (especially late) along with some really underwhelming stuff (especially early). Guys coming in as rookies at CB (and most positions tbh) and immediately being studs is pretty uncommon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m with you on this. I thought he played like a 2nd round rookie CB - flashes of really good play (especially late) along with some really underwhelming stuff (especially early). Guys coming in as rookies at CB (and most positions tbh) and immediately being studs is pretty uncommon. 

he definitely played better than Elam in BUF and relatively as good as McDuffie

17 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Remains to be seen whether it has been fixed though.  Pads aren't on yet.

That is the real test

I still believe we have identified/drafted 2 of the long term pieces to the OL. The obvious on is the Top 10 draft pick at RT in Wright, it just isn’t quite known if that other one (Braxton) will be at LT or LG. 

I think we will know by seasons end

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Not promising. When the Steelers don't like a guy, it's telling. Hopefully he proves me wrong

Wasn’t it coming out not to long ago that they really like where he is at. I could have swore it was someone in the staff that said it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Wasn’t it coming out not to long ago that they really like where he is at. I could have swore it was someone in the staff that said it. 

Maybe it was coach speak to the public. Eberflus did say today something subtle like "you can't get reps if you aren't out there."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Maybe it was coach speak to the public. Eberflus did say today something subtle like "you can't get reps if you aren't out there."

Or since he's has been injured Eberflus is just speaking the truth and in media fashion they exaggerating the story, kind of like with Mooney not to long ago.

13 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Or since he's has been injured Eberflus is just speaking the truth and in media fashion they exaggerating the story, kind of like with Mooney not to long ago.

I think Silvy is insinuating people inside of the building are saying yes he's hurt but not injured and isn't motivated to get on the field. I don't think anyone is doubting if he's hurt, but being hurt and injured are 2 different things

On 6/9/2023 at 9:25 AM, AZBearsFan said:

Preferring outside isn’t the same as not loving NB. 

I think that was out of necessity rather than desire. The other options were Kindle Vildor and UDFA guys. The additions of Stevenson and Smith will hopefully negate that need in 2023 as attrition becomes a factor. 

Okay.  I’ll grant that.  

• Like 1