Yankees, Marlins Agree to Giancarlo Stanton Trade, lulz Cards/Giants

ramssuperbowl99

2 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Isn't there a precedent from the A-Rod to Boston deal that teams can't just trade superstars for pure salary relief? Or was that because A-Rod offered to lower his contract for the Sox to take him on?

It was the latter if I remember right. I think it was actually an issue with the player's union and MLB. 

I'd at least give them Frazier because it would feel bad straight up exploiting their financial duress.

I mean Soriano for A-Rod plus salary relief was like that too, but at least Sori was a 26 year old All Star in his own right.  IIRC he revealed he was actually 28 years old after the deal lol.

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

I'd at least give them Frazier because it would feel bad straight up exploiting their financial duress.

I mean Soriano for A-Rod plus salary relief was like that too, but at least Sori was a 26 year old All Star in his own right.  IIRC he revealed he was actually 28 years old after the deal lol.

If I'm not mistaken, the Rangers could have made out much better and just misfired. I believe that they had their choice of several prospects, one of whom was Cano, I think. They chose someone else. 

Just now, Forge said:

If I'm not mistaken, the Rangers could have made out much better and just misfired. I believe that they had their choice of several prospects, one of whom was Cano, I think. They chose someone else. 

It was between Cano and Joaquin Arias.  Neither were particularly valuable at that point and were more like throw-ins.

2 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

I've been hurt before

If you need something to pull you back just a little so you don't get too over excited, I can tell you that Schulman has basically been 100% wrong about everything regarding Stanton from the start this offseason. He's usually been pretty reliable, but for some reason, with regards to this whole situation, he's been wrong a lot. 

This makes me giggle if it is in fact true. I can't imagine what kind of package they were giving out at that point, but I have to assume that Schulman is wrong. Otherwise, wow, the Yankees aren't going to have to give up anything lol. 

Archived