Yankees, Marlins Agree to Giancarlo Stanton Trade, lulz Cards/Giants

ramssuperbowl99

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Does that mean they're going to get rid of Gardner or Hicks? Or is the plan to have Stanton and Judge rotate as DH? Maybe it's better having Stanton DH due to his injury issues?

Reported that Judge, Stanton, and Gardner will rotate between LF, RF, and DH. Gardner will only play LF when in the field though. 

Is there any chance Clint could play center? I’d want to keep him the most out of Gardner, Ellsbury, and Hicks

4 hours ago, mission27 said:

To be fair to Dave, the Sox weren’t on Stanton’s list.  It’s possible he wasn’t willing to go there, as weird as that would be.

I know, but we didn't even get any reports saying the Red Sox had talked to or met with Stanton to persuade him to add them to his list of teams he'd accept a trade to. You'd think even if those conversations didn't happen, the Red Sox would at least have the decency to leak a report saying they did just to make us feel better. The Red Sox didn't even feign an attempt at any of it and given our need for power, it's incredibly frustrating.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Does that mean they're going to get rid of Gardner or Hicks? Or is the plan to have Stanton and Judge rotate as DH? Maybe it's better having Stanton DH due to his injury issues?

I think Garder, Hicks, Judge, and Stanton are all gonna play. 3 will play OF and one be DH. Probably a rotation at DH. I'd expect Gardner and Stanton will get most time as DH.

9 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I think Garder, Hicks, Judge, and Stanton are all gonna play. 3 will play OF and one be DH. Probably a rotation at DH. I'd expect Gardner and Stanton will get most time as DH.

It's too bad we can't flip Gardy for a 3B.

Just now, jrry32 said:

It's too bad we can't flip Gardy for a 3B.

I expect Andujar at 3rd and Torres at 2B. Two great prospects at bottom of the order is perfect for this team. They won't have nearly as much pressure with the talent in front of them and behind them

4 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Cmon man. Hes got the reigning MVP in his pocket and hes got no leverage? Dont believe that for a second. 

Not when the recently acquired franchise has over $400M in debt and operates at a loss in no small part because of that albatross of a contract.

It had to happen the Marlins don't make money right now and they need to chip away at that debt.

19 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I expect Andujar at 3rd and Torres at 2B. Two great prospects at bottom of the order is perfect for this team. They won't have nearly as much pressure with the talent in front of them and behind them

Okay. Flip Gardy for a SP.

12 hours ago, mission27 said:

The single season team home run record is 264 by the ‘97 Mariners.  The Yankees hit 241 last year 23 short and are adding Stanton and his 59 homers in place of Ellsbury and his 7 homers.

Real chance they break this tbh.

And with Sanchez not playing a full season. :P

Oh...the Yankees (assuming they don't sign anyone else?) will be below the luxury tax threshold even with Stanton...not sure by how much though.

Also considering that they're going to pay him what, ~$240 for the next 10 years that seems like a bit of a steal considering that next year they're saying Harper and Machado could/should sign for 10+ years at $300-$500 million?  That said, I'll take Machado playing at 3rd please.

Archived