Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 26 - Taco Bowl XXVI Posted!)

8 hours ago, The Orca said:

Gg LaoJoe

This has to be a record or close...how you lose games, but wow did the sim want someone to be the best kicker lmao

Greg Zuerlein: 5 of 6 (83.33%, 61 LNG) field goals. 0 of 0 extra points. 4 touchbacks

They might as well have had you make the one you missed as it wouldn't have mattered. My D was bending but not breaking this week. GG

23 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

I watched them all and that must be the biggest choke job we've seen in at least the past 2 seasons.

It's just Karma. I beat Pete like 12 games in a row for 6 seasons.

• Like 1

WEEK 10 POWER RANKINGS

1. Greenland Polar Bears (7-2, LW:2) - The Polar Bears coolly take the top spot in the rankings after a nice win vs the Direwolves and Rio slipping.
2. Rio de Janeiro Pirates (7-2, LW:1) - Some might think they still deserve to be #1, even after a loss to the Kongs but they are 2-2 in their last 4 while Greenland is undefeated in the same span.
3. Hamilton Hornets (6-3, LW:6) - A big win gets Hamilton back into the top 3. They have beaten each of the 4 teams directly below them in the rankings.
4. Anchorage Amphibians (6-3, LW:7) - Anchorage are on fire, winning 5 games in a row.
5. Lake Minnesota Ice Orcas (6-3, LW:3) - Their 4-game winning streak gets snapped but it was on the road vs a top team. They still easily lead their division.
6. Reykjavík Direwolves (6-3, LW:4) - Tough loss to a top team out of conference.
7. Hanoi Viet Kongs (5-4, LW:9) - 7th in the rankings but still outside of a playoff spot. Next week vs the Direwolves is to sit in one of those spots.
8. Berlin Beer Bellies (5-4, LW:10) - The Beer Bellies are still an enigma. With the wildcards in the Salsa Conference wide open, the game vs Indianapolis is very important.
9. New Zealand Blobfish (5-4, LW:11) - I looked it up, Blobfish very well do have anuses to pull surprise wins out of.
10. Phoenix Rubber Ducks (5-4, LW:5) - Phoenix has lost 3 straight since holding onto #1, and 4 of their last 5. It isn't quite time to panic yet in their division but they need to right the duck.
11. Indianapolis Predators (4-5, LW:8) - "Who's your daddy?". The simulation must have read the data backwards.
12. Wattsville Waste Walruses (4-5, LW:15) - Sometimes you just need a nasty mammal with tusks to separate members of a domestic dispute.
13. Egypt Starfalls (4-5, LW:16) - The Predators came in and asked "Are ya winning son?". Why yes. Yes they are.
14. Little Rock Uni Royals (4-5, LW:12) - A tough loss. Noah Fant fumbled the ball trying to make a move as time was running out but Kyle Hamilton came down into coverage to force it out.
15. Copenhagen Tables (3-5-1, LW:13) - A much earned draw but they drop as teams with actual wins make their way up.
16. Freiburg Venom (3-6, LW:14) - There have been blown leads this season but this takes the cake. Up 17 with less than 6 minutes to go they allow a 4th and long, a quick score after an onside kick and then get a quick 3 and out when a 1st down ends the game. Masterful.
17. Tokyo Samurai (3-6, LW:18) - Tokyo ends their 6-game losing streak. They jump up one spot, ahead of the team they just beat.
18. Burlington Sock Puppets (3-6, LW:17) - Burlington have lost 4 of their last 5 with their only victory being to the last place Amish.
19. Scranton Papermakers (2-7, LW:19) - For a moment it looked like they'd reclaim their spot at the bottom but they'll have to bide their time for now.
20. Lancaster Fighting Amish (1-7-1, LW:20) - They had the win. All they had to do was stop a 4th down conversion. The draw keeps them in last place.

GOTW
  Hanoi Viet Kongs @ Reykjavík Direwolves (TNF)

Prime Time
  Indianapolis Predators @ Berlin Beer Bellies (SNF)
  Little Rock Uni Royals @ Hamilton Hornets (Sunday late)
  Greenland Polar Bears @ Wattsville Waste Walruses (Sunday early)

Monday
  Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas @ Egypt Starfalls (MNF, UOTW?)

Rest of WEEK 10 (Fri, August 4th)
Copenhagen Tables @ Tokyo Samurai
Anchorage Amphibians @ Freiburg Venom
Scranton Papermakers @ New Zealand Blobfish
Phoenix Rubber Ducks @ Lancaster Fighting Amish
Rio de Janeiro Pirates @ Burlington Sock Puppets

Edited by LAOJoe
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

WEEK 10 POWER RANKINGS
2. Rio de Janeiro Pirates (7-2, LW:1) - Some might think they still deserve to be #1, even after a loss to the Kongs but they are 2-2 in their last 4 while Greenland is undefeated in the same span.

Nobody thinks that. And hold my beer as we tumble more.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

WEEK 10 POWER RANKINGS

1. Greenland Polar Bears (7-2, LW:2) - The Polar Bears coolly take the top spot in the rankings after a nice win vs the Direwolves and Rio slipping.
3. Hamilton Hornets (6-3, LW:6) - A big win gets Hamilton back into the top 3. They have beaten each of the 4 teams directly below them in the rankings.
4. Anchorage Amphibians (6-3, LW:7) - Anchorage are on fire, winning 5 games in a row.
5. Lake Minnesota Ice Orcas (6-3, LW:3) - Their 4-game winning streak gets snapped but it was on the road vs a top team. They still easily lead their division.
6. Reykjavík Direwolves (6-3, LW:4) - Tough loss to a top team out of conference.
7. Hanoi Viet Kongs (5-4, LW:9) - 7th in the rankings but still outside of a playoff spot. Next week vs the Direwolves is to sit in one of those spots.
8. Berlin Beer Bellies (5-4, LW:10) - The Beer Bellies are still an enigma. With the wildcards in the Salsa Conference wide open, the game vs Indianapolis is very important.
9. New Zealand Blobfish (5-4, LW:11) - I looked it up, Blobfish very well do have anuses to pull surprise wins out of.
10. Phoenix Rubber Ducks (5-4, LW:5) - Phoenix has lost 3 straight since holding onto #1, and 4 of their last 5. It isn't quite time to panic yet in their division but they need to right the duck.
11. Indianapolis Predators (4-5, LW:8) - "Who's your daddy?". The simulation must have read the data backwards.
12. Wattsville Waste Walruses (4-5, LW:15) - Sometimes you just need a nasty mammal with tusks to separate members of a domestic dispute.
13. Egypt Starfalls (4-5, LW:16) - The Predators came in and asked "Are ya winning son?" Why yes. Yes they are.
14. Little Rock Uni Royals (4-5, LW:12) - A tough loss. Noah Fant fumbled the ball trying to make a move as time was running out but Kyle Hamilton came down into coverage to force it out.
15. Copenhagen Tables (3-5-1, LW:13) - A much earned draw but they drop as teams with actual wins make their way up.
16. Freiburg Venom (3-6, LW:14) - There have been blown leads this season but this takes the cake. Up 17 with less than 6 minutes to go they allow a 4th and long, a quick score after an onside kick and then get a quick 3 and out when a 1st down ends the game. Masterful.
17. Tokyo Samurai (3-6, LW:18) - Tokyo ends their 6-game losing streak. They jump up one spot, ahead of the team they just beat.
18. Burlington Sock Puppets (3-6, LW:17) - Burlington have lost 4 of their last 5 with their only victory being to the last place Amish.
19. Scranton Papermakers (2-7, LW:19) - For a moment it looked like they'd reclaim their pot at the bottom but they'll have to bide their time for now.
20. Lancaster Fighting Amish (1-7-1, LW:20) - They had the win. All they had to do was stop a 4th down conversion. The draw keeps them in last place.

GOTW
  Hanoi Viet Kongs @ Reykjavík Direwolves (TNF)

Prime Time
  Indianapolis Predators @ Berlin Beer Bellies (SNF)
  Little Rock Uni Royals @ Hamilton Hornets (Sunday late)
  Greenland Polar Bears @ Wattsville Waste Walruses (Sunday early)

Monday
  Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas @ Egypt Starfalls (MNF, UOTW?)

Rest of WEEK 10 (Fri, August 4th)
Copenhagen Tables @ Tokyo Samurai
Anchorage Amphibians @ Freiburg Venom
Scranton Papermakers @ New Zealand Blobfish
Phoenix Rubber Ducks @ Lancaster Fighting Amish
Rio de Janeiro Pirates @ Burlington Sock Puppets

Outstanding banter here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Outstanding banter here.

I needed to deliver after not being able to do it last week. And unless Nacho gives us early games I might not be able to these next games as I have an early flight to Rome I have to leave for by midnight ET.

4 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I am pretty happy with my OL this year. The rookie Center is likely not going to be kept and Humphries is what I expected but the others are doing well. Zion should improve after another season too.

Offensive Line:
D.J. Humphries [9 GS]: 10 pancakes, 4 sacks allowed, 4 stuffs allowed, 1 recovery.
Zion Johnson [9 GS]: 16 pancakes, 2 sacks allowed, 12 stuffs allowed.
John Michael Schmitz [9 GS]: 3 pancakes, 2 sacks allowed, 8 stuffs allowed.
Shaq Mason [9 GS]: 13 pancakes, 5 sacks allowed, 2 stuffs allowed, 1 recovery.
Mike McGlinchey [9 GS]: 16 pancakes, 2 sacks allowed, 6 stuffs allowed.

nobody-asked-you-patrice-how-i-met-your-

lol my IOL has been just crushing me this year, so many drives are stalling out with stuffed runs. I've got 2 really good backs, that were great IRL and in the sim last season. 

37 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

nobody-asked-you-patrice-how-i-met-your-

lol my IOL has been just crushing me this year, so many drives are stalling out with stuffed runs. I've got 2 really good backs, that were great IRL and in the sim last season. 

Run D Priority: 60 this helps.