Madden SUX thread

Ty21

15 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Are all the changes only to the new generation of consoles, or would PS4 still be affected by the changes?

I've also read conflicting reviews on one aspect - are trades still 3 assets only, or have they been upped to 6?

https://earlygame.com/sports/madden-nfl-24-sapien-technology-features-more-ps4-and-ps5-comparison

“every new feature in madden 24 isn’t available on ps4” 

28 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Are all the changes only to the new generation of consoles, or would PS4 still be affected by the changes?

I've also read conflicting reviews on one aspect - are trades still 3 assets only, or have they been upped to 6?

There are 6 trade slots for either team, but you’re limited to 3 players per side. But I can’t vouch for that being available for PS4 or older Gen consoles 

1 minute ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

There are 6 trade slots for either team, but you’re limited to 3 players per side. But I can’t vouch for that being available for PS4 or older Gen consoles 

So I can trade up to 3 players and 3 picks for the same?  But can I trade, say, 6 picks at once?  I'd love to have realistic trades for moving up to 1.1, trading for an established franchise QB, etc.

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

So I can trade up to 3 players and 3 picks for the same?  But can I trade, say, 6 picks at once?  I'd love to have realistic trades for moving up to 1.1, trading for an established franchise QB, etc.

Yes. Only limitation is 3 players 

13 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Yes, I traded Aaron Donald to the Raiders for Kolton Miller ‘24 2nd and 3rd and ‘25 6th and 7th 

On 8/18/2023 at 2:26 PM, Ty21 said:

Are the sliders for sim stats? 

Yeah....until theres a way to stop 70-something rated players from putting up stats they have no business putting up in franchise, its a hard pass for me (among other reasons).

Honestly there were improvements to franchise mode this year.

They're not great, but it's much better than last year. Moving from screen to screen seems a lot more painless and it's not clunky and slow AF like it's been the last few years.

Scouting is exactly the same and it's terrible, but the prospects are better and more varied.

Some new animations, which make things nice. You can't as easily tell when a tackle is going to be a 100% tackle.

Training camp was pretty cool. Wasn't new, but it was still pretty cool to see that back.

In no world is this game worth full price considering its yearly changes, and EA should literally get indicted for the crimes of Madden, but I can't sit here and say there haven't been some improvements because there have been.

Then again, I play exclusively offline franchise mode, so that's all I can comment on.

• Like 3

If this game came out in like March or April, I would probably buy it. But there's too much stuff out right now or about to come out that I want to play, so I'm not buying this.

I played the trial for 10 hours. Did some online head 2 head and online franchise. Was pretty fun. Maybe this is something I pickup on Black Friday or around Christmas for like $20.