2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

Man that's tough... I think OGs are a dime a dozen and we have Leonard Floyd and Sam Acho as our starters right now. That's not a good look.

I think this all rests on what our OL coach thinks about the talent on this team. I just don't want to see Leno go down and us have zero backup plan.

2 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I think this all rests on what our OL coach thinks about the talent on this team. I just don't want to see Leno go down and us have zero backup plan.

I think I trust him a ton to find the right dudes to develop.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Zach Fulton off to the Texans...$7.5 million a year is an overpayment.

That seems pretty spendy.  At this point though, I'm curious as to which positional payouts _don't_ seem spendy.  Actually, our value with AR at 14py seems decent, and bucks the trend of inflated year-to-year value.  

$7.5 million a year for a dude that had a PFF grade of 68.8. That's insane.

Like I said, let's let this market cool off and then we can let Hiestand identify players with traits he wants and we can sign them for bargain basement prices

9 minutes ago, G08 said:

$7.5 million a year for a dude that had a PFF grade of 68.8. That's insane.

Like I said, let's let this market cool off and then we can let Hiestand identify players with traits he wants and we can sign them for bargain basement prices

That is a good idea, and fits what Pace has been up to in the past.  My own sense of urgency is for the lines, which makes this a bit nervewracking, but what you say both makes sense and seems Paceian. 

50 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

That is a good idea, and fits what Pace has been up to in the past.  My own sense of urgency is for the lines, which makes this a bit nervewracking, but what you say both makes sense and seems Paceian. 

It’s a foregone conclusion we are going OLB in round 1 or two right now. I see the OL as our big remaining FA need if any solid players are available.

19 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Burnett is a player I have liked for a long time but I wouldn't move on from Amos at this point.

Thats a bit baffling.  Maybe they would use him as a nickel corner?   I can't imagine he'd be an upgrade over either Amos or Jackson, both were very good last season.

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

Thats a bit baffling.  Maybe they would use him as a nickel corner?   I can't imagine he'd be an upgrade over either Amos or Jackson, both were very good last season.

Or Jacks9n gets to move around more in nickel and you have Burnett and Amos with deep help. Jackson is as athletic as most CBs,  and will likely be a solid option in the Mathieu role. 

Archived