2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Be shocked if we don’t. Our current cap situation at ~$30M already reflects $12.9M to Fuller for 2018. 

exactly. the reason we gave him the transition tag instead of the franchise tag is because it gave a lower baseline in case nobody matched it, while allowing us to actually match anything that is thrown our way. I'd be worried if we didn't have the cap space, but we do. If pace wasn't serious about matching anything, he would have just franchised him. I don't expect fuller to go anywhere

I'm not sure why people are freaking out and saying it's a kick in the balls to the Bears with the Packers giving Fuller an offer sheet.

Bears knew full well what they were getting into by giving Fuller the transition tag and this shouldn't be a surprise. They wanted some other team to set his market and they got their wish now.

Until we know the exact details of the offer we can't say that Green Bay is purposely trying to screw us. It's not like they have all this cap space and we don't. It'll be fine people.

5 hours ago, G08 said:

Anyone know our current cap health? I can't imagine we have more than $15 million or so available...

Actually should be somewhere around $30M keep in mind they started with $86M for all intents & purposes.  By my math they have subtracted $43ish 

2 minutes ago, dafreak said:
48-La4Vw_bigger.jpgIan RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
FollowFollow @RapSheet
More

The #Bears are matching the #Packers’ offer sheet for CB Kyle Fuller, sources said. Fuller stays. It’s a 4-year deal worth $56M. The key number is $18M guaranteed. Fuller already had $13M guaranteed from the translation tag. For $5M more guaranteed, they get him long-term??

Thats not a bad deal for the Bears at all.  $14M per low guarantee.  That screams of a 1 year deal masked as a 4 year.  Thats a no brainer match.

5 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

for a next move for the bears I’d like to see a center brought in the let whitehair move to LG. Ryan Jansen, pouncy, schwenke would be viable starters 

i think the Bucs just gave you the middle finger 

Archived