2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Sure we would all like guaranteed performers at every position.  Thats not how the nfl works tho.  Kwiatkowski will probably become the starter or maybe even Christian Jones who the light finally went on for, if hes resigned.

The light didn't turn on.  I hope we never see Jones is a Bears jersey every again. 

Signing DJ isn't like I'm saying sign every good player and trade for the rest.  He'd be a good starter to split reps with on the inside and we have Kwit too.  I'd prefer a bump at ILB these invest in a top tier FA or 1st/2nd round pick.  I think DJ would be a good get by guy at a position where that's ok to have imo.

5 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Id love Watkins here, id have a little trouble backing up the brinks truck considering hes missed A LOT of time and never really had #1 production.

This.  I'd rather look at the round 2 group in the draft or even the tier 2 WRs if he's going to get a lot of money.

24 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

This.  I'd rather look at the round 2 group in the draft or even the tier 2 WRs if he's going to get a lot of money.

Rookie WRs are notoriously reliable.

I am shocked at the number of people who want to roll Trubisky out in an important season with unproven players all around him.

Just now, Damikeeeee said:

It doesn't say we're interested.  It says we need WR help and Landry is a WR.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport mentioned the Titans, Panthers, Saints, and Bears as teams that could be interested in a trade for franchise player Jarvis Landry.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Rookie WRs are notoriously reliable.

I am shocked at the number of people who want to roll Trubisky out in an important season with unproven players all around him.

Not looking at Watkins with blinders on isnt rolling him out with unproven players.  You wanna give Watkins $15mil per to be Kevin White?

11 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Not looking at Watkins with blinders on isnt rolling him out with unproven players.  You wanna give Watkins $15mil per to be Kevin White?

No, I want to give him 13-14 a season to be Sammy Watkins.

Watkins has missed 12 games in 4 years. Kevin White has played in 5 and finished 3.

Sammy Watkins has 3000 yards and 25 TDs. Kevin White has 193 yards and 0 TDs.

Apparently I'm obsessed with the guard position.  Unless Jordan Morgan turns out to be a superstar in hiding, we need a starting guard and backup.  If we want to avoid using the draft,  what do you guys think about the following guards?  All are possible free agents under 30.

J Pugh from NYG

A Norwell from  CAR

Z Fulton, KCC

Also this Matt Slauson guy who sounds great aside from age...  

Anyway,  the guards available in free agency are actually better than I thought it would be.

1 hour ago, Damikeeeee said:

The light didn't turn on.  I hope we never see Jones is a Bears jersey every again. 

Signing DJ isn't like I'm saying sign every good player and trade for the rest.  He'd be a good starter to split reps with on the inside and we have Kwit too.  I'd prefer a bump at ILB these invest in a top tier FA or 1st/2nd round pick.  I think DJ would be a good get by guy at a position where that's ok to have imo.

The light definitely turned on for CJ as he had a really good year.  Hes not a green dot guy and never will be, but he has solid instincts and tremendous athletic gifts and at worst hes a reliable thumper on the inside.

32 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

No, I want to give him 13-14 a season to be Sammy Watkins.

Watkins has missed 12 games in 4 years. Kevin White has played in 5 and finished 3.

Sammy Watkins has 3000 yards and 25 TDs. Kevin White has 193 yards and 0 TDs.

Sub 800 yard per season avg with a good sized injury risk.  Giving him #1 money isn't ideal at all.  I'd prefer we focus on guys that arent missing games.

Archived