2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I can't imagine Watkins hitting the FA market... but yeah I'd definitely throw some coin at him. Who knows, maybe he'll be able to teach Kevin White how to run a God damned route like an NFL player.

I don’t know if that’s as big of an issue as his bones routinely shattering.

39 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He would have to donate his legs.

Rumor is they want to tag Joyner.

I saw that... I'm asking around in the Rams' forum to see what they feel the pulse is regarding Watkins. Dude turns 25 and at least has SOME skins on the wall.

Could you imagine if, in some alternate universe where the Bears get all the breaks, that Sammy Watkins and Kevin White kick *** on the outside and Meredith terrorizes the slot?

16 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I don’t know if that’s as big of an issue as his bones routinely shattering.

That is annoying and I'm hoping it isn't a bone density issue... I'd have to think Pace and the training staff are looking into it. Crank up the calcium and vitamin D!

24 minutes ago, G08 said:

I saw that... I'm asking around in the Rams' forum to see what they feel the pulse is regarding Watkins. Dude turns 25 and at least has SOME skins on the wall.

Could you imagine if, in some alternate universe where the Bears get all the breaks, that Sammy Watkins and Kevin White kick *** on the outside and Meredith terrorizes the slot?

The buzz is SF is going to go hard at Watkins.

Kevin White is a guy I feel really bad for though. Seems like a really good guy, a really hard worker, and he didn’t deserve this kind of misfortune. That’s why I don’t react to the Bears drafting him with the kind of anger and disdain that a lot of other fans show. 

1 hour ago, IronMike84 said:

Kevin White is a guy I feel really bad for though. Seems like a really good guy, a really hard worker, and he didn’t deserve this kind of misfortune. That’s why I don’t react to the Bears drafting him with the kind of anger and disdain that a lot of other fans show. 

Agreed but you can’t count on him to play more than 4 games before he gets hurt. 

2 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

My anger stemmed from how I thought he sucked during the draft process and wanted nothing to do with him. It turned out he did suck (no idea how to run a route) and then it turned out he was injury prone.

I'm going to try rooting for him this season.

Seems like there are three options. Watkins, Bryant, laundry. 

I think Bryant is the best option of the bunch. He was a little bitchy about getting demoted to 3rd WR.  He just wants the damn ball.  He does need a new GF. That women is cray. 

Sammy Watkins. Age you won’t have trade a second rounder for him  plus I think his contract would be more reasonable 

laundry has issues he has domestic violence issues and just looking at him he looks like he beats his wife.  He not that tall he’s not that fast  plus he will cost you a second rounder and he is going to be a huge cap hit Landry would be my last option 

58 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Seems like there are three options. Watkins, Bryant, laundry. 

I think Bryant is the best option of the bunch. He was a little bitchy about getting demoted to 3rd WR.  He just wants the damn ball.  He does need a new GF. That women is cray. 

Sammy Watkins. Age you won’t have trade a second rounder for him  plus I think his contract would be more reasonable 

laundry has issues he has domestic violence issues and just looking at him he looks like he beats his wife.  He not that tall he’s not that fast  plus he will cost you a second rounder and he is going to be a huge cap hit Landry would be my last option 

Bryant is one failed drug test away from what could be a lifetime ban.

Watkins is my #1. Huge upside and no draft compensation.

Landry I would find out what he wants and what the Dolphins want. As for “looks like he beats his wife” not sure I have seen him in the photo with a MAGA hat?

@WindyCity yeah man... I dug into a bunch of Watkins' 2017 "tape" today and he still has an electric burst and game-breaking ability.

If he's available I'm throwing all the money at him. Curious what kind of contract he will land... I can't imagine it would be more than $12 million/year (which he doesn't deserve, but that's the price we pay for sucking at the position).

4 years/$48 million/$28 million guaranteed should do it, I would think.

10 hours ago, G08 said:

@WindyCity yeah man... I dug into a bunch of Watkins' 2017 "tape" today and he still has an electric burst and game-breaking ability.

If he's available I'm throwing all the money at him. Curious what kind of contract he will land... I can't imagine it would be more than $12 million/year (which he doesn't deserve, but that's the price we pay for sucking at the position).

4 years/$48 million/$28 million guaranteed should do it, I would think.

I think your light. If you want to get it done we need to get it done.

5 years 70 million/32 guaranteed and you tell SF to get off your lawn.

I would not lose him over 2/season.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I think your light. If you want to get it done we need to get it done.

5 years 70 million/32 guaranteed and you tell SF to get off your lawn.

I would not lose him over 2/season.

It would be well worth it, IMO. Kevin White is in his last year on a rookie contract, Cameron Meredith shouldn't cost much, and we can draft a WR in round 2 who will be cheap for the next 4 years.

Question is: do the Rams tag him and if they don't, does he want to come here?

I'd have Pace/Nagy/Trubisky make the pitch to him that he'd be the #1 in our offense -- think Tyreek Hill -- and get a ton more targets than the 70 he received last season (Hill had 105 targets last season alone). That will appeal to the WR1 diva that every WR has inside them.

Archived