2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

Pace is somewhat known at this point for being locked in at a certain position when it comes to a top 10 pick.... I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if he’s locked into either Denzel Ward or Josh Jackson at 8  then sign someone like Butler/Melvin/Robinson in FA. You’d have your duo locked up for the next 3-5 years

5 hours ago, G08 said:

From Biggs re: Fuller

“He won’t get tagged,” texted one source not affiliated with the Bears.

“I don’t think they will use the tag,” said a personnel director for another club in the market for cornerbacks. “It’s a deep corner class in free agency.”

I think the important thing to note there is both sources are from other teams.  Secrets are kept better at Halas Hall then they are in the FBI as you noted, we'll know more in 6 more days.

The more interesting thing is whats going on with Glennon. I thought his bonus was due Mar 1 but i cant find anything definitive. 

48 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I think the important thing to note there is both sources are from other teams.  Secrets are kept better at Halas Hall then they are in the FBI as you noted, we'll know more in 6 more days.

The more interesting thing is whats going on with Glennon. I thought his bonus was due Mar 1 but i cant find anything definitive. 

The Glennon thing is weird.

I think the bonus might be guaranteed already. He counts 2.5 against the 2018 cap already.

It would just make me feel better if he was gone.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think the bonus might be guaranteed already. He counts 2.5 against the 2018 cap already.

The roster bonus is definitely due in March.  I thought i heard it was Mar 1 last year, but i cant find anything to back that up.  It may not be until the start of the league.  I also heard one of the national guys say there may be a trade market for Glennon right now, which i find unbelievable, but if Pace can make something happen more power to him.  His cap# for 2018 currently is prorated signing bonus.

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Whose rumor? Biggs had the tag “in play” this morning. 

Sorry it was from Biggs latest article last night 

I really dont want to dislike Ryan Pace. But letting Fuller walk would be a step in that direction for me. 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I'm willing to kick in $5 to get Windy a Glennon jersey. Who's coming with me?

I recently wore-in public-a Dolphins Cutler jersey given to me by my brother in law. I want revenge on the world. 

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He will count $4.5 million against the Bears cap for 2018 if they outright release him, however, it says that his $2.5 million roster bonus is due in March.

This got me thinking that maybe, just maybe, the Bears have a handshake deal in place to trade Glennon to another team, but that team wants the Bears to be on the hook for his roster bonus... or they could be waiting to see how FA shakes out to see if some team who misses out on Cousins becomes desperate.  Otherwise, what else would explain them keeping him around until now?  We all know he will not be a Bear in 2018.

58 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

He will count $4.5 million against the Bears cap for 2018 if they outright release him, however, it says that his $2.5 million roster bonus is due in March.

This got me thinking that maybe, just maybe, the Bears have a handshake deal in place to trade Glennon to another team, but that team wants the Bears to be on the hook for his roster bonus... or they could be waiting to see how FA shakes out to see if some team who misses out on Cousins becomes desperate.  Otherwise, what else would explain them keeping him around until now?  We all know he will not be a Bear in 2018.

Pace said this morning his contract is weird so he can't be released til the start of the new NFL year. 

Pace made it a point, multiple times, to talk about how a WR needs to have football intelligence to thrive in this offense.

I think that means no Sammy Watkins.

Don't be surprised when Albert Wilson is one of our first signings, and I thought it was interesting hearing Ryan Pace talk about Kevin White just now. He said since he had an upper body injury he can still run and work on route quickness. I think they are expecting things out of him this season. Won't shock me to see something like:

Meredith/White/Wilson/Wheaton/Rookie

So two posts on the same page saying there are trade rumors for Glennon!!!!

I didn't know that you could have trades between different leagues and I didn't know that Glennon also played a mean hockey center because I can't believe there is another GM in the NFL that wants Glennon outside of another Osweiller type deal. So what's the over/under for the trade? 7th round pick? Backup kick holder?

Both Pace and Nagy talked about being disciplined in free agency and connections being important to avoid "bad deals".

With 45 players under contract they are going to have to be super active in free agency, so I am not sure what to make of these statements.

Rich Eisen radio today had these FA stats from Super Bowl 51 to Super Bowl 52.

492 players changed teams. 9 became pro bowlers. Of the 22 starters of the Eagles, 10 came from FA. Finally, said that Glennon said he was being cut.

19 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Both Pace and Nagy talked about being disciplined in free agency and connections being important to avoid "bad deals".

With 45 players under contract they are going to have to be super active in free agency, so I am not sure what to make of these statements.

It means look for connections... hence why I'm expecting Albert Wilson to be a priority signing.

X - White

Z - Meredith, Wilson

Slot - Wilson, Meredith

Depth - Wheaton, Rookie, perhaps another FA

1 hour ago, G08 said:

It means look for connections... hence why I'm expecting Albert Wilson to be a priority signing.

X - White

Z - Meredith, Wilson

Slot - Wilson, Meredith

Depth - Wheaton, Rookie, perhaps another FA

White will not be counted on to do anything. If he does great. We would still need a starting X.

Archived