2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

I wonder how fast Landry gets moved, if Pace has concerns he can land someone he really wants, he might be able to get Landry with only making a small move back and a 5th

Bears get:

WR Landry

1(11)

Dolphins get:

1(8)

5th round

I'd prefer Watkins or Robinson but this would be a solid deal IMO. Would allow them to likely take a QB if they want to move on from Tannahill (only $4.6 dead cap if cut soon enough), the top CB of their choice between Jackson or Ward, or Nelson.  We would only move back 3, and the teams between us have no desire for a QB (OAK and SF are locked in already). Might still have some interest for a trade back with AZ for Lamar Jackson or Allen.

I do too much speculating at 2:30 in the morning...

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I wonder how fast Landry gets moved, if Pace has concerns he can land someone he really wants, he might be able to get Landry with only making a small move back and a 5th

Bears get:

WR Landry

1(11)

Dolphins get:

1(8)

5th round

I'd prefer Watkins or Robinson but this would be a solid deal IMO. Would allow them to likely take a QB if they want to move on from Tannahill (only $4.6 dead cap if cut soon enough), the top CB of their choice between Jackson or Ward, or Nelson.  We would only move back 3, and the teams between us have no desire for a QB (OAK and SF are locked in already). Might still have some interest for a trade back with AZ for Lamar Jackson or Allen.

I do too much speculating at 2:30 in the morning...

I would do this deal without the 5th round pick involved. 

10 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I dont buy it.  With everything Pace talks about that move just doesnt make sense.

I think he makes a ton of sense. He has a young QB and a first time offensive head coach and he does not have any durability or consistency in the WR core.

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Exactly. Also, Pace’s front office is as tight on info as any in the league. 

With free agents and trades it is different there are too many parties involved to keep it quiet.

The draft is much easier to keep hush/hush.

We knew about Gilmore, Wagner, Janoris Jenkins.

Bears or anyone wont trade anything of value for a player a team is looking to unload anyway and still has to be signed.  Jimmy G. thing was different and special case.  This isn't a franchise QB you are getting mid season.  

Any trade will be a low round pick just to get deal done sooner rather than later or to be first to negotiate.  Otherwise everyone will just wait it out.  

Dolphins just tagged because maybe something is better than nothing.   Kind of a jerk move to player really.  

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Bears or anyone wont trade anything of value for a player a team is looking to unload anyway and still has to be signed.  Jimmy G. thing was different and special case.  This isn't a franchise QB you are getting mid season.  

Any trade will be a low round pick just to get deal done sooner rather than later or to be first to negotiate.  Otherwise everyone will just wait it out.  

Dolphins just tagged because maybe something is better than nothing.   Kind of a jerk move to player really.  

You will need to beat the 97th pick in the draft. That is the comp pick and what they would get if they rescinded the tag.

I offer a 4th this season and a conditional pick next year starting in the 4th that can become a 3rd if Landry plays lights out.

41 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't see the lure in losing a draft pick/draft position to acquire a $16 million dollar one-year contract that you MAY be able to renegotiate.

You would have an extension in place.

For me it totally depends on the draft pick that is required.

Based on numbers from the previous 4 years with 100 targets the following WRs would produce,

Alshon Jeffery: 55 catches, 795 yards, 5.5 TDs

Davante Adams: 58 catches, 688 yards, 6.3 TDs

Jarvis Landry: 71 catches, 713 yards, 4 TDs

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Ultra thin and requiring a draft pick to contribute.

It is thin but look at the pass distribution in KC (not saying it will be the same here) you ostensibly have 4 dudes that make up 67% of the targets.

I think Shaheen, Cohen/Howard, and Meredith/White/Wilson will get it done. Then you have a rookie and depth.

Archived