2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Probably.

I could see it if this was year 3 of Nagy and he had his kingdom set up, but he flaked on the Jets hard and I am not sure Nagy is set up for it.

Maybe if Fangio signs off on him being his project?

I think he seems exactly like a Fangio project.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Take this for what it's worth, but I've now read/heard three different beat writers say that they are hearing Fuller will not be tagged.

I like it, and I don't like it. I'm of the opinion Fangio wants pure press corners (think Amukamara last season) and Fuller isn't that dude. I want him back, but not at freaking $15 million per year or anything near that.

I havent heard a single beat reporter say they heard it, its all been speculation.  And Pace was pretty noncommittal one way or another but said they are being aggressive in talks with the agent.  My guess, again solely speculation, is that Pace is trying to get a long term deal done without using the tag bc it will raise the price.  At the end of the period, if they dont get the deal done, I think they will ultimately tag him.  Again all pure speculation and trying to parce Pace's words

The Dolphins have officially given Jarvis Landry permission to seek a trade.

Ian Wharton of Bleacher Report has heard the Bears are still interested.

I am on record as being cool with a mid round pick to gain exclusive negotiating rights with him. I am 100% aware that the Bears will be over paying for readability. 

Just now, WindyCity said:

The Dolphins have officially given Jarvis Landry permission to seek a trade.

Ian Wharton of Bleacher Report has heard the Bears are still interested.

I am on record as being cool with a mid round pick to gain exclusive negotiating rights with him. I am 100% aware that the Bears will be over paying for readability. 

If Wilson is the lock Veach made it seem he is to end up here then Landry seems like he wouldn’t have a clear role here, making trading for him pretty dumb. 

Curious, but if we trade for Landry while he’s on the tag and have Fuller on our own tag, has any team ever rostered 2 guys on a franchise tag before? 

I look at Landry like this,

I am going life jacket shopping for my kid [Trubisky] and I can buy a $6 dollar life jacket and it will cost me $7[Paul Richardson], or I can buy a $11 dollar life jacket that will cost me $14 [Jarvis Landry]. One is a much better deal, but the other is a much better life jacket.

If it were a defensive player I would not be as eager to over spend, but this is the franchise player we are supporting.

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

If Wilson is the lock Veach made it seem he is to end up here then Landry seems like he wouldn’t have a clear role here, making trading for him pretty dumb. 

Curious, but if we trade for Landry while he’s on the tag and have Fuller on our own tag, has any team ever rostered 2 guys on a franchise tag before? 

I have no idea about the tag thing, but I think it would work. You would also not trade for Landry unless you had a deal done.

I think Wilson could play outside as well, but I am not sure what impact one has on the other. He did week 17 and looked really good.

It will be interesting to see the trade value they can generate considering Landry has them by the balls.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The Miami Herald reports that the Chicago Bears have emerged as a trade "possibility" for WR Jarvis Landry.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Archived