2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Are you referring to Landry? Because in the NFL you can’t trade for the rights to an impending UFA like you can in the NHL. 

Not Landry specifically, but it would apply.

But we see teams do this from time to time with impending free agents. Trade for them, hold them for a year, and then be in the drivers seat in negotiations.

Timmy Jernigan comes to mind with the Eagles. Removing the other teams can keep costs down.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

We really need to be in on Wilkerson...clearly the huge pay check had an impact on his play but on a $7-$8 million a year 3 year deal I would jump all over him...him, Goldman & Hicks upfront would be crazy.

Man, the stories coming out of NY are pretty damning.

Hard to see Pace who has valued "football character" bringing in a guy who got paid and quit and was a locker room issue.

Take this for what it's worth, but I've now read/heard three different beat writers say that they are hearing Fuller will not be tagged.

I like it, and I don't like it. I'm of the opinion Fangio wants pure press corners (think Amukamara last season) and Fuller isn't that dude. I want him back, but not at freaking $15 million per year or anything near that.

27 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Man, the stories coming out of NY are pretty damning.

Hard to see Pace who has valued "football character" bringing in a guy who got paid and quit and was a locker room issue.

I still think he is well worth the gamble...we need to get away from thinking choir boys win football games.

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I still think he is well worth the gamble...we need to get away from thinking choir boys win football games.

It isn't us.

Ryan Pace has shown that he is not that interested. I also think it is a weird time with a new coach who is trying to establish his culture.

Just now, WindyCity said:

It isn't us.

Ryan Pace has shown that he is not that interested. I also think it is a weird time with a new coach who is trying to establish his culture.

Exactly. Unless it's on a team-friendly deal, or a one-year deal to rehab his image, I don't see it happening. Unless, of course, he meets with Pace/Nagy and they're sold on his character.

15 minutes ago, G08 said:

Take this for what it's worth, but I've now read/heard three different beat writers say that they are hearing Fuller will not be tagged.

I like it, and I don't like it. I'm of the opinion Fangio wants pure press corners (think Amukamara last season) and Fuller isn't that dude. I want him back, but not at freaking $15 million per year or anything near that.

If we lose Fuller and fail to sign an upgrade I will flame throw Ryan Pace.

Cap room is only valuable if it upgrades your team.

Just now, WindyCity said:

If we lose Fuller and fail to sign an upgrade I will flame throw Ryan Pace.

Cap room is only valuable if it upgrades your team.

If I'm calling the shots:

Throw a ton of money at Sammy Watkins and don't address WR in this draft (Watkins/White/Meredith/Wright)

Sign Bashaud Breeland and Prince Amukamara in FA and if the draft breaks a certain way, take Denzel Ward at #8.

Round 2 you can take your pass rusher, and round 4 you can take your top rated OG or C and then decide what to do with Whitehair.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Beat me to it, Windy.

Wow, that's about as huge of an endorsement as you're going to see.

He just makes too much sense for it to not happen.

He and Fulton are so obvious that it would almost be a disappointment if they do not happen.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It isn't us.

We will continue to be nice loser then haha.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

We will continue to be nice loser then haha.

Probably.

I could see it if this was year 3 of Nagy and he had his kingdom set up, but he flaked on the Jets hard and I am not sure Nagy is set up for it.

Maybe if Fangio signs off on him being his project?

Archived