2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

1 minute ago, G08 said:

It is thin but look at the pass distribution in KC (not saying it will be the same here) you ostensibly have 4 dudes that make up 67% of the targets.

I think Shaheen, Cohen/Howard, and Meredith/White/Wilson will get it done. Then you have a rookie and depth.

It took them 3 years to develop that WR core and they are 2 years removed from having a season where 0 WRs had TD catches.

They also tried to add a volume pass catcher in Maclin [124 targets] and missed on him for health reasons.

Price Point

Even at 14 million/season that is not a ridiculous price point for a top slot WR.

Randall Cobb 4 years 40 million in 2015.

10 mil/143 mil cap=7% of the cap

Doug Baldwin 4 years 46 million in 2016

11.5/155=7.5% of the cap

Jarvis Landry 4 years 56 million in 2018

14/178=8% of the cap.

18 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Does anyone else feel the market won't be as crazy for Watkins as we would expect? He isn't going to get a Jeffrey or Pryor one year deal but I think $11 mil per year locks him up. 

Why won't it be crazy?

He could be the only top level free agent hitting the market in a year with tons of cash and a number of teams who desperately need a WR.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Does anyone else feel the market won't be as crazy for Watkins as we would expect? He isn't going to get a Jeffrey or Pryor one year deal but I think $11 mil per year locks him up. 

I go back and forth on him a ton... I have a feeling he doesn't get out of LA though unless his demands are outrageous. No way in hell they trade a 2nd rounder for him without at least discussing keeping him around long-term.

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:

Bull****.  Robert Quinn got traded for a mid to late rounder to the dolphins.  great job Pace.  Bears couldn't use a young prove pass rusher

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918863/article/la-rams-to-trade-robert-quinn-to-miami-dolphins

I think you are thinking of Quinn from a few years ago...not the banged up one out there now...he would have still been a good pick up but not the bi g time talent he was before.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

The sign Sammy Watkins plan just took a kick in the teeth. Rams have more than enough cap space now.

What are the Dolphins doing?

Yeeeeeeup.

I think Cameron Meredith and Albert Wilson are locks. I think Kevin White is going to have a bigger role than a lot of us want to admit right now, but I also think they are going to hedge their bets with him somehow. Does that mean keeping Wheaton? Drafting someone? Signing someone like Donte Moncrief if he finds a dull market?

FA can't get here soon enough, I'm sick of my brain trying to put this puzzle together with so many missing pieces >:(

Something that isn’t really being discussed with Kyle Fuller was the fact that he really only played up to extractions for one season. Why? Was he just slow to develop? How much did injuries play a role? Was 2017 an anomaly?

Obviously we hope he can continue to play at the level we’ve seen over the past year, but there are some tough questions that need to be answered.

4 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

Bull****.  Robert Quinn got traded for a mid to late rounder to the dolphins.  great job Pace.  Bears couldn't use a young prove pass rusher

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918863/article/la-rams-to-trade-robert-quinn-to-miami-dolphins

love that you got upset because a trade happened that didn't involve the bears. quinn wasn't traded to chicago, Pace has failed as a gm!

Just now, HuskieBear said:

If anything, this trade between LA and MIA shows what landry might go for. Quinn and a 6 for a 4 and a 6. would anyone not trade one of our 4s and a 6 for landry and a 6?

*raises hand*

Archived