2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

All of those same things can be said about Mark Sanchez except for the cheap deal part tbh. You can still spend the 6th on a QB with the Sanchez route too so you hopefully won’t need to keep him the following year. 

Sanchez IMO will never have a market,  Trevor will. The things to like about Sanchez are stemming from the consistency of keeping him - the fact he has about 10 years in the NFL including postseason experience to be a mentor, and he has a good rapport with Trubisky from what I have read. Trevor at this time is a better player, but will be heading out elsewhere in 2019 IMO, and then we are again stuck needing to get someone in the system to back Trubisky up. 

I still want a vet backing up Tru,  so Sanchez doesn't need to see the field. But I'd rather get someone now so we have consistency and they get to be familiar in the system in case Trubisky goes down next year or the year after. 

3 hours ago, IotaNet said:

And in the meantime, check out Allen Robinson's latest Instagram photo ...

Hey, whatever the Cubs gotta do to get back to the World Series, even if it means signing a player from another sport. 

@WindyCity Davante Adams has a touch less production than Sammy Watkins and his deal was for 4 years/$58 million/$30 million guaranteed. Average is $14.5 million, which ranks 5th in the league.

San Fran already owes Pierre Garcon $9.25 million in 2018, so if they want to go north of Adams' contract then that's on them (I don't see it happening).

43 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Ced Benson’s college tape was pretty awesome too.

Fair enough, but he was an entitled SOB when he got to the NFL.

Here's some NFL highlights, you can see him smoke Darelle Revis a couple times :D

49 minutes ago, G08 said:

Fair enough, but he was an entitled SOB when he got to the NFL.

Here's some NFL highlights, you can see him smoke Darelle Revis a couple times :D

I remember something like a 10 catch performance when he torched Revis all day. I love the talent, and would be damn happy to have him in Chicago.

He is a weird, weird dude though. Someone posted his twitter posts, wow. lol

EDIT - didn't watch the video, went and looked at his gameday stats. It was indeed year two.

9 hours ago, G08 said:

@WindyCity Davante Adams has a touch less production than Sammy Watkins and his deal was for 4 years/$58 million/$30 million guaranteed. Average is $14.5 million, which ranks 5th in the league.

San Fran already owes Pierre Garcon $9.25 million in 2018, so if they want to go north of Adams' contract then that's on them (I don't see it happening).

Garçon is gone after this season.

They can pretty easily afford both for 1 season.

That was the rumor. My guess is there will be a number of teams including us who are in on Watkins. This is why there is some value to trading a mid round pick for someone so you can negotiate in a vacuum.

26 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Garçon is gone after this season.

They can pretty easily afford both for 1 season.

That was the rumor. My guess is there will be a number of teams including us who are in on Watkins. This is why there is some value to trading a mid round pick for someone so you can negotiate in a vacuum.

Are you referring to Landry? Because in the NFL you can’t trade for the rights to an impending UFA like you can in the NHL. 

Archived