Broncos sign DE Frank Clark

RaidersAreOne

40 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Ok so I'm going to back off a bit from guaranteeing it. The way I sit it that I think there are 3 teams from each AFC division other the AFC south  (IMO, Jags are the only team) that will compete for the playoffs. 

AFC West: Chiefs, (pencil them in) Chargers, Broncos

AFC North: Bengals, Ravens, Browns (this team could surprise a lot of people)

AFC East:  Bills, Dolphins, Jets

I think the last playoff spot will come down to the Chargers, Broncos, Browns, and the Dolphins. (I still have questions about Tua and they didn't really improve their oline in the offseason)

It's gonna be tough, but we play all of those teams during the season.

Don't get me wrong; I'd kinda love to see the Dangerwich and Sean Payton prove us all wrong. Dangerruss makes the playoffs and guaranteed he gets a few more spicy commercials out of it.

TL;DR The year is 2025.  Broncos trade three firsts for Geno Smith

12 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

Ok so I'm going to back off a bit from guaranteeing it. The way I sit it that I think there are 3 teams from each AFC division other the AFC south  (IMO, Jags are the only team) that will compete for the playoffs. 

I think the last playoff spot will come down to the Chargers, Broncos, Browns, and the Dolphins. (I still have questions about Tua and they didn't really improve their oline in the offseason)

Before you get to carried away.... might want to keep in mind the Broncos still haven't beaten the Raiders since they moved to Vegas. But go off how you think they are something in the AFC West .

54 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Before you get to carried away.... might want to keep in mind the Broncos still haven't beaten the Raiders since they moved to Vegas. But go off how you think they are something in the AFC West .

That will change this year. I feel pretty confident in saying that Sean Payton is the best coach we’ve had in 15 years, while you guys have…. Josh McDaniels. Do you guys even know who’s going to play QB at the start of the season?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

If we make the playoffs then last season is all on Hackett...and in the scenario the Jets go nowhere.

2 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

If we make the playoffs then last season is all on Hackett...and in the scenario the Jets go nowhere.

You would be shocked in how much team success is dependent on the coaching/scheme. The Lions/Jets last year didn't all of a sudden drastically improve because they magically got really good players everywhere.

I would say team success is 60% coaching/scheme and 40% is players/talent

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

Well.. with the Jets, he's just going to be calling plays on offense, not running the entire team. Also, Rodgers is pretty familiar with that system so I wouldn't be shocked if they had success.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 5:36 PM, AkronsWitness said:

You would be shocked in how much team success is dependent on the coaching/scheme. The Lions/Jets last year didn't all of a sudden drastically improve because they magically got really good players everywhere.

I would say team success is 60% coaching/scheme and 40% is players/talent

My rule of thumb is it’s 50/50 but close enough. It’s why the 2012 Chiefs were worst in the league and the 2013 Chiefs went to the playoffs, and got 13 wins. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 10:47 AM, Chiefer said:

My rule of thumb is it’s 50/50 but close enough. It’s why the 2012 Chiefs were worst in the league and the 2013 Chiefs went to the playoffs, and got 13 wins. 

The day Andy Reid was signed I knew my Raiders were in trouble. I thought....Why can't the Raiders hire a successful coach who gets canned from a place like Philly for winning but not winning a Super Bowl...Like WTF?!? 

14 hours ago, G said:

The day Andy Reid was signed I knew my Raiders were in trouble. I thought....Why can't the Raiders hire a successful coach who gets canned from a place like Philly for winning but not winning a Super Bowl...Like WTF?!? 

Which is another reason I will never fault Denver for giving up a FRP for Sean Payton. If Im not mistaken they essentially traded Bradley Chubb for Sean Payton.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Which is another reason I will never fault Denver for giving up a FRP for Sean Payton. If Im not mistaken they essentially traded Bradley Chubb for Sean Payton.

In hindsight I wish the Raiders did that last year. Gave up the 1st for Payton and if we really wanted Adams then 2nd and TE Waller. Carr would have probably had a good season and the team wouldn't be rebuilding, it'd be competing. If Wilson plays like he use to then Payton can draft his replacement and the AFC West will have two great coaches. I'm always watching Tomlin's seat in Pittsburgh and the Raven's Harbaugh to see if they ever get canned as the Patriot Way doesn't seem to work without Bill B.  lol

• Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 8:25 AM, G said:

In hindsight I wish the Raiders did that last year. Gave up the 1st for Payton and if we really wanted Adams then 2nd and TE Waller. Carr would have probably had a good season and the team wouldn't be rebuilding, it'd be competing. If Wilson plays like he use to then Payton can draft his replacement and the AFC West will have two great coaches. I'm always watching Tomlin's seat in Pittsburgh and the Raven's Harbaugh to see if they ever get canned as the Patriot Way doesn't seem to work without Bill B.  lol

Im still shocked teams are even willing to touch any former Patriot staffer. How many times over the past 15 years are teams going to get burned before they learn not to touch the stove.