2023 Off-Season Thread: Lillard traded to Bucks!!! Jrue rerouted to Celtics!

11sanchez11

53 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Looks like its a possibility he might return to the Bucks on a team friendly deal.  Only reason I can guess he declined his 40 mil option.

Probably more about securing a long-term deal than anything else.

• Like 1

If Brogdan gets back healthy, then the Celtics are going to be clearly better next season. There really was no reason to have Smart when White is the better offensive player and a very good defender in his own right. And then Brogdan is one of the best back up guards in the league. This team has no excuse next season to not get over the hump. They have just about everything you need to be a championship caliber team and they got rid of someone who was more times than not a liability offensively in the playoffs. 

Rolling out a line up of White/Brown/Tatum/Porzingis/Williams would insane to go up against lol. 

2024 gotta be the year @Troy Brown.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I am not happy right now.

Smart is Brooks replacement while also being able to play PG until Ja returns. But yeah, not the move I would have made. This team didn't need another inconsistent shooter from the 3 point line.

Need to still make another move before you guys are legitimate contenders. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I am not happy right now.

Nor should you be. Dillon Brooks 2.0 and a worse backup point guard while losing Tyus Jones. Yikes.

8 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

"brad stevens always on banana peels" 

he's already amongst the top executives

Stevens has proven he is a competent executive, but not moving Galinari at the deadline was a mistake, the contract for Joe Mazzula was premature, and Ime Udoka was his hire and he is ultimately responsible for bringing him in as well as for how he handled letting him go. The banana peel analogy is a reference to the fact that Stevens historically gets to the end and then falls on his face. Be it final four finishes at Butler or ECF’s as Celtics HC, or not doing enough to bolster the roster around the foundation Danny Ainge built and losing two finals opportunities in poor fashion.

9 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

what a whirlwind of emotions. we love brad stevens

No one hated Brad, did they?

9 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

well i do not love this as much

Why? Are you blinded by your Smart love? Brogdon might be injury prone but he is better than Smart who isn’t the most durable either.

Edited by DoleINGout

58 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Brogdan gets back healthy, then the Celtics are going to be clearly better next season. There really was no reason to have Smart when White is the better offensive player and a very good defender in his own right. And then Brogdan is one of the best back up guards in the league. This team has no excuse next season to not get over the hump. They have just about everything you need to be a championship caliber team and they got rid of someone who was more times than not a liability offensively in the playoffs. 

Rolling out a line up of White/Brown/Tatum/Porzingis/Williams would insane to go up against lol. 

2024 gotta be the year @Troy Brown.

still doesn't solve Brown's left hand problem or Tatum disappearing at times

time to wait for CP3 to get waived

30 minutes ago, General Tso said:

still doesn't solve Brown's left hand problem or Tatum disappearing at times

time to wait for CP3 to get waived

I mean yeah, there's some internal improvements to be made but overall they have everything they need to win it this upcoming season. They still are in the finals or ECFs every damn year. Now they get a true scoring big that is more than just a spot up in the corner type of option and free up the logjam at the guard spot by getting rid of Smart. Brogdan needs to recover fully obviously. And they get two first rounders out of this trade? Can't be mad at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Smart is Brooks replacement while also being able to play PG until Ja returns. But yeah, not the move I would have made. This team didn't need another inconsistent shooter from the 3 point line.

Need to still make another move before you guys are legitimate contenders. 

Another irrationally confident, flopping, annoying and entitled human being on a team full of them. Also we lost a very good PG and two 1sts.

He can play with Ja more easily than Tyus could, but this is a step back overall IMO.

• Like 2