Subforum scroll bar

Ty21

I don't know what it was called exactly but I wonder if it'd be possible to add the quick scroll bar thing at the bottom of the page that existed on the original FF to jump to each subforum quickly 

9 hours ago, NewAge said:

Surprised how many people have mentioned this. 

I never used it tbh. 

Yeah I don't think it's an option, a lot of people have brought it up and I think it would've been changed by now if it could be.

@Tyty Bookmarks are your friend. 

17 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

@Tyty Bookmarks are your friend. 

This is what I've found works best, even on the old forum. This way, you can have quick access to everything you use. I use mine to track not only forums I frequent, but the content I've posted in, my inbox, profile and notifications, as well as a followed topics activity stream I created with everything in the Jags forum+my favorite threads. 

pImaRkV.png

Yea I mentioned this about a week ago. I've tried bookmarking certain subs but I like to bounce around too much and check out random areas. It also makes my bookmark tab look like a clusterbleep. If not a dropdown menu then what about a recently visited/commented sub box like a smaller version of the one on our profile page? 

If ads eventually become a reason why its not added I'd be pretty disappointed. 

As I said a few posts ago, the option isn't available with this software platform.  I'll look into adding it if I can.  However, it is an antiquated feature that is completely unnecessary thanks to the ability to follow forums, topics, members, in this software platform.  You can then set up activity streams to view the content you follow any way you want.  Then you won't even have to visit the forum index, let alone the home page to read all the content you are interested in.  

For example, I just set up to follow the Feedback Forum and the NFL General forum and now one page gives me access to all the topics in both.   See below.  You can set it up to follow whatever forums you are interested in.  You can also follow specific topics or members.   You can set your activity stream to read all content or only unread content.  Get notified on new content or not.  Plus many more options.    

I know after 10+ years at the old forum, everyone wants this forum to have all the same features, but take your time and learn the new features of this forum before complaining about missing features.  

597ac16737620_ScreenShot2017-07-28at12_41_21AM.thumb.png.986cd9c5457a46aaaf7ce7d7ae9aebfe.png   

11 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Yea I mentioned this about a week ago. I've tried bookmarking certain subs but I like to bounce around too much and check out random areas. It also makes my bookmark tab look like a clusterbleep. If not a dropdown menu then what about a recently visited/commented sub box like a smaller version of the one on our profile page? 

If ads eventually become a reason why its not added I'd be pretty disappointed. 

Can I ask by what you mean it looks like a mess?

The bookmark bar is available on all desktop browsers, and you just create a folder called FF and put them in there. Doing the same on mobile keeps things clean as well

26 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Can I ask by what you mean it looks like a mess?

The bookmark bar is available on all desktop browsers, and you just create a folder called FF and put them in there. Doing the same on mobile keeps things clean as well

I just dont like the way it looks having a folder there with 15+ links 

Archived