Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill Under Investigation For Assault/Battery In Miami

Soggust

18 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Chiefs fans here told me time after time after time that he was a good human being and this could never happen though..... again. Weird

Has to be a fake report

Literally was never said on this site, to my knowledge, but do you bud lol

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Kamara and a gang nearly killed a guy and he’s still out there playing football. This is a nothing-burger. But yeah…Hill is an awful person. 

I'm surprised that the Kamara thing didn't blow up bigger. Lammons was party to that and nothing came of that yet either tmk

• Like 1

fTADugZ.jpg

Jim Caldwell is completely surprised by this.

On 6/20/2023 at 9:23 PM, Danger said:

Sounds to me like Tyreek gave him a bag.

I mean, at that point, wouldn't it be more productive to get one of those cartoon/Scrooge McDuck kind of bags of money and just hit the guy with that?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

It was actually a woman the first time. He’s gonna hit for the cycle (woman, child, man, animal). Hide yo pets around Reek. 

To be fair, I'd pay good money to see Tyreek try to punch a goldfish.  Even better money to see him try to smack a piranha.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Heard there are gonna be charges now afterall? Can anyone confirm this?

Unclear at this time. Some are reporting the Miami-Dade police have closed their investigation without moving forward with charges, while others are reporting the investigation is still open. While most sources claim the victim does not plan to press charges, the police report indicates that he wanted charges to be filed (interestingly, the police report also does not name or identify either Hill or the victim by name and also claims the video showed no visible injuries for either party).

I was speaking to a lawyer friend I have and he said it is likely that the victim "wanting charges to be filed" was referring to criminal charges, as this would make a civil case against Hill far more likely to succeed, but the fact that the report indicated there were no visible injuries hurts his chances. He may file a civil suit regardless of criminal charges, of course, but my friend thinks the most likely outcome would be a discrete payment between the two with no civil suits being ultimately filed. Potential criminal charges, however, are anybody's guess - as I said, sources seem to disagree whether the matter is even still being investigated, or not.

And, of course, the NFL potentially taking action based on a violation its Personal Conduct Policy could still occur even if no criminal or civil charges are levied at all (although the chance of them doing so without strong physical evidence and/or victim cooperation would probably be low). If anything, I'd anticipate a fine with the worst case being a short 1-2 game suspension. As previously stated by another poster, Alvin Kamara punched a man in the face eight times in February of 2022 and didn't receive any penalty from the league at all, yet (and the legal process that they were reportedly waiting to conclude wrapped up months ago).

• 2 months later...