tre'davious white in concussion protocol

GSUeagles14

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

he doesnt really have any poor behavior off the field either if im not forgetting anything. i think he plays into this persona thats out there about him, i mean, he said he rarely drinks in season and out of season maybe twice a week. Id say thats pretty much the norm for guys in there mid/late 20's, early 30's that dont have families. he seems like a good guy in all hhonestly.

But this was way past the line, white getting out with "just" a concussion is incredibly fortunate. 270ish pounds driving into your back/neck could lead to some life long issues, then what?

Yes, it was past the line. No one has said it wasn't.

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

kinda they have.... i mean one guys said he didnt really care cause it hurt bradys mvp chance. at what point do we look at everyone as humans (meaning white) and not as guys on your fav team/rival?

what would you recommend. This isnt a bang bang late hit to the head. its clear and deliberate after the play. Someone brought up haynesworth which is pretty close, gronks probably was more dangerous tbh though.

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

kinda they have.... i mean one guys said he didnt really care cause it hurt bradys mvp chance. at what point do we look at everyone as humans (meaning white) and not as guys on your fav team/rival?

what would you recommend. This isnt a bang bang late hit to the head. its clear and deliberate after the play. Someone brought up haynesworth which is pretty close, gronks probably was more dangerous tbh though.

No, he didn't say that. I've said what I'd recommend, you even quoted it.

18 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

This is one of those scenarios where Gronk is real lucky he didn't cause more damage than a concussion.

Similar scenarios could include facemask grabs.  Everyone gets pissed if they get facemasked but, for the most part, consequences of throwing out a facemask grab is just a penalty.  

People do the Suh stomp or similar things all the time and it's only a problem if someone gets caught or injured.  If White hadn't gotten a concussion from this and just got his face mashed into the grass a little harder, Gronk would've gotten away with a penalty flag + fine for roughness or something.  

Once again, no one should be doing stupid sh*t like this but, just saying that calling for a 4+ game suspension is pretty silly.  Focus should be more on stopping dirty play in general. 

E.g. allowing people to get away with uncalled facemasks and then penalizing players who get caught grabbing facemasks and giving a player a neck sprain literally just creates a high risk high reward scenario that a lot of super competitive players will take when given the opportunity.  Maybe they should be reviewing games afterwards and fining/suspending any players they see grabbing facemasks if they didn't catch the penalty during the game.  

Guess I went off on a tangent here since Gronk's incident was just an emotional outburst/reaction moreso than trying to knock a dude out of the game.  But, players will pull this kind of crap with the intention to gain an advantage too.  Shoutout to Dominic Raiola 

EDIT: Yes, I'm giving Gronk the benefit of the doubt here in that he was being a ragemonster more-so than a Dom Raiola (sorry Lions fans) 

I can't believe some people are even trying to justify why Gronk did that.

A 6'7" 270 pound player blindsided a 5'11" 195 CB from behind and gave him a f*****g concussion (could've been worse). It was a dirty, pathetic play and Gronk is a child for doing that. We as fans often over look things like this cause it's "in or part of the game" but this was assault if it was outside the football field. Couldn't imagine gronk spearing at my head from behind and how much that would hurt. Usually don't hope for players to get injured but hopefully karma comes back to gronk. The child needs to be punished.

12 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

No, he didn't say that. I've said what I'd recommend, you even quoted it.

he did... its been quoted several times. and you didnt say if thats what you think will happen or what you think should happen. two completely different things.

I love me some Gronk daddy. I wanna wash my mouth out for saying a like a Patriot but i can’t help it.

This incident is indefensible though. Suspend him a game, maybe two because it wasn’t even on the field. He’s never done anything near this bad though so I’ll just leave it at saying i really hope he just had a bad snap moment and that it won’t happen again.

I was honestly surprised he wasn’t ejected. I know that it gets to him that he is not treated the same as other players by the refs but that is no reason to endanger another player on the field. If he gets suspended he honestly deserves it. Even if he doesn’t have a have a history of bad behavior you can’t let it slide, it sets a precedent.

15 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I actually like Gronk as a player, he is a throwback, but its absolutely amazing all of the things he does on and off of the field and its all written off as him just being a "meathead", while others are crucified for lesser.

Apart from this, what else is it? Swatting away players like children, or running them over like they were a speed bump don't count.

40 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

I can't believe some people are even trying to justify why Gronk did that.

A 6'7" 270 pound player blindsided a 5'11" 195 CB from behind and gave him a f*****g concussion (could've been worse). It was a dirty, pathetic play and Gronk is a child for doing that. We as fans often over look things like this cause it's "in or part of the game" but this was assault if it was outside the football field. Couldn't imagine gronk spearing at my head from behind and how much that would hurt. Usually don't hope for players to get injured but hopefully karma comes back to gronk. The child needs to be punished.

He could have died!

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

1 game suspension and fine. He's not the brightest bulb, is he, but he hasn't got a history of any dirty behaviour (on the field...). 

"Dirty" maybe not but losing his temper he does, forgot who it was against but there was the time he "threw the guy out of the club" by blocking him like 10 yards out of bounds. 

Edit;

1 minute ago, ConnPatFan said:

"Dirty" maybe not but losing his temper he does, forgot who it was against but there was the time he "threw the guy out of the club" by blocking him like 10 yards out of bounds. 

Sergio Brown. I recall the forum loving that incident.

Archived