tre'davious white in concussion protocol

GSUeagles14

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yes because Gronk was worse.

You defended Danny, but are vilifying Gronk. You either think it's completely different (because of your black and white arguments) or you're biased. I happen to think they are both intentional, and I would have suspended both. Gronk's worse, but both similar in nature.

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

You defended Danny, but are vilifying Gronk. You either think it's completely different (because of your black and white arguments) or you're biased. I happen to think they are both intentional, and I would have suspended both. Gronk's worse, but both similar in nature.

It’s not completely different but one was clearly intentional and the play had ended. The other one was reckless and happened to hit him in the wrong place - bad timing.?The intent is much blatant with Gronk. And I’m not vilifying him, I haven’t called him dirty. I haven’t called him names. 

4 hours ago, lancerman said:

Okay how about Bills players trying to take him out at the knees because they can't tackle him, with his injury history. How about he was held the entire play in front of a ref and it led to an INT. Literally every play with Gronk something a long those lines happened. Yeah it is understandable unless you've never got upset and did something stupid that you later regretted.

Are knee shots illegal on a TE with the ball? Is that a new rule?

3 hours ago, theJ said:

The main difference is that i'm 5'10" 150 lb.  If i were Gronk's size, i probably would have seriously injured him.  I blocked him out running about 1/2 to 3/4 speed.

Anyway, i'm not minimizing.  I'm only trying to suggest that i understand what was going through Gronk's head.  Doesn't make it right.  But i understand it.

The problem is you are describing a Vontaze Burfict-like situation.  He feels his team got screwed by the refs in the '15 WC game, then starts taking extra little shots at Steeler players.

Gronk literally dove on a player laying prone on the field and hit him with a forearm at the base of his neck.  Which is why i compared it to you kicking a player laying injured on the ground above.

To me, this is just as egregious as Trevathian unloading on the WR earlier this year, who was literally being held in place by other defenders, and going for a literal kill shot.  neither one could defend themselves.  Both were acts of cowardness.  While I understand his frustration, and as a fellow Bengal fan we all feel that frustration at times, there is no explanation that would defend any of this.  if Gronk had picked him up during the play and body slammed him, I would be far more okay with the reaction he chose.

1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

While I understand his frustration, and as a fellow Bengal fan we all feel that frustration at times, there is no explanation that would defend any of this.

I mean, this is basically what i said.  So i guess we agree?

15 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I guess so.  I thought you were rationalizing in your initial response.

I think a lot of people think that, reading the responses in here.  

I think it's fair to say that i don't really care about the dude he hit, so i'm probably coming off callous.  But i'm not trying to rationalize it.

59 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

To me, this is just as egregious as Trevathian unloading on the WR earlier this year, who was literally being held in place by other defenders, and going for a literal kill shot.  neither one could defend themselves.  Both were acts of cowardness.  While I understand his frustration, and as a fellow Bengal fan we all feel that frustration at times, there is no explanation that would defend any of this.  if Gronk had picked him up during the play and body slammed him, I would be far more okay with the reaction he chose.

As a packers fan, the Gronk hit has me way more upset than the Trevathan one. You could make an argument that hit was an act of football. Gronk literally waited and then dove down on the guys back. 

I hope he gets suspended like 4 games and he can appeal it down to 2. I don't care how frustrated you are, there is no place for that.

24 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

As a packers fan, the Gronk hit has me way more upset than the Trevathan one. You could make an argument that hit was an act of football. Gronk literally waited and then dove down on the guys back. 

Non-football dirty plays anger me the most. 

For example, Burfict twisting ankles should be a long suspension.  There is zero reason to do that.  Hitting a crosser that's 5 yards within the LOS (like his pre-season hit to the Chiefs FB), I can understand.  There are definitely lines, and Gronk crossed it...

6 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Non-football dirty plays anger me the most. 

For example, Burfict twisting ankles should be a long suspension.  There is zero reason to do that.  Hitting a crosser that's 5 yards within the LOS (like his pre-season hit to the Chiefs FB), I can understand.  There are definitely lines, and Gronk crossed it...

He crossed it. I don't know what kind of suspension he will get. Has no relation to the Trevathan one, more along the lines of Burfict twisting ankles like you said. Did he even get suspensions for those 2 incidents?

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

He crossed it. I don't know what kind of suspension he will get. Has no relation to the Trevathan one, more along the lines of Burfict twisting ankles like you said. Did he even get suspensions for those 2 incidents?

The ankle twisting?  Those were different times, no suspension IIRC. xD

He should have been suspended.  NFL has been coming hard on him recently, but he did it to himself with those previous acts that went unpunished so I don't feel too bad for him...

41 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

No relation?

I was referring to the fact that both were clearly defenseless. The Packers player was being held up, in place, and Danny unloaded on him.  White was laying on the ground.  I get that the malicious intent is more in line with the ankle twisting.  I'm just looking at different angles of the action.

16 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think he should be out at less one game. But if white is out longer then a game so should gronk.

That is honestly the way it should be. If you take a cheap shot and injure a player you should be suspended the same amount a games as he misses with a one game minimum.

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

I hope he gets suspended like 4 games and he can appeal it down to 2. I don't care how frustrated you are, there is no place for that.

pCJc1oa.gif

so silly he got one game. legal system ****ed in the nfl and america 

Archived