Titans 2023 TC/Preseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

NPF did not have a solid season but I agree it is hard to judge a rookie.  Assuming he makes a jump is realistic.  I also have zero doubt Skoronski wouldn't be a better RT than NPF but as I said, they want continuity and Skoronski is a rookie so he probably won't have his best year.  He may end up at LT at some point.

RT is much more important than RG and harder to replace.  But my point was that if they had any doubts about NPF being a long term RT they might consider moving Skoronski there now and plug NPF in at OG when he came back.  LT make the transition to RT ALL THE TIME in the NFL.  Conklin was a LT in college.  Many college OT have played both sides eventually breaking into the line up at RT and then moving to LT.  As was the case with NPF.  

I do think Skoronski can have a solid year even as a rookie at LG and that might be his permanent position.  Obviously Brunskill is more of an OG than OT.  So it makes sense to keep 4 of the 5 spots intact and just try to band aid the RT until NPF comes back.  

i'll say it...i'm looking forward to seeing malik willis play this week lol. sounds like he's made a pretty considerable jump at least on the practice field. it'll be interesting to see if it's a "we might actually survive a game with this guy in at backup" type jump, or a "could actually push for the starting role next year" type jump.

16 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i'll say it...i'm looking forward to seeing malik willis play this week lol. sounds like he's made a pretty considerable jump at least on the practice field. it'll be interesting to see if it's a "we might actually survive a game with this guy in at backup" type jump, or a "could actually push for the starting role next year" type jump.

Eh.....
I'm interested to see how he plays. Hopefully, he does well so he has trade value. 

On 8/9/2023 at 11:11 AM, KingTitan said:

Eh.....
I'm interested to see how he plays. Hopefully, he does well so he has trade value. 

what sense does that make? he's going to and should be on the team.. its gonna set up for him and Levis to battle it out this time next year for qb1. the battle this year has been fun but ultimately has no bearing as neither of them should see the field.. 3rd year Malik and 2nd year Levis is gonna be a great battle. 

49 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

what sense does that make? he's going to and should be on the team.. its gonna set up for him and Levis to battle it out this time next year for qb1. the battle this year has been fun but ultimately has no bearing as neither of them should see the field.. 3rd year Malik and 2nd year Levis is gonna be a great battle. 

Yep. Ideally they’re both on the roster this year. They show improvement to the point we don’t have to extend Tannehill. Then they battle for the job next offseason.

• Like 1