Titans 2023 TC/Preseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

John Ojukwu season is imminent.

undrafted rookie with extreme physical limitations and a great attitude? dude's gonna be absolutely awful in every game he plays in but somehow start an entire season for us.

37 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

True.

But I seriously doubt he was more than a sticky band aid at the spot tho. 
I won't lose sleep about him not being here. 

Yeah, but it looks like we're now down to non-sticky used bandaids, which are a significant downgrade.

12 hours ago, -Hope- said:

??? he was on injured reserve all year

Yea. I guess I am just lost in the weeds with all the injuries these past few years. Also my memory is alarmingly awful these days the older I get.

Let’s just hope we can find a way not to need a player like him. Seemed like a straight knucklehead anyways.

I just hope we hit on 77 and he is special. I want a stud lineman we can build around.

Oddly so far the Titans have shown some level of confidence in NPF.  Reason I say that is they prefer to not move Bunskill or Skor over to RT.  They would rather put a band aid on at RT for 6 weeks and that probably means Chris Hubbard unless someone else steps up.  They want to have continuity at the other four spots.  Thus it makes things simpler really.  They have all these guys that can compete at RT and just pick who ends up looking the best while keeping the rest of the OL intact.  Also they can design the protection packages assuming that is the weak link for now.  

24 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Oddly so far the Titans have shown some level of confidence in NPF.  Reason I say that is they prefer to not move Bunskill or Skor over to RT.  They would rather put a band aid on at RT for 6 weeks and that probably means Chris Hubbard unless someone else steps up.  They want to have continuity at the other four spots.  Thus it makes things simpler really.  They have all these guys that can compete at RT and just pick who ends up looking the best while keeping the rest of the OL intact.  Also they can design the protection packages assuming that is the weak link for now.  

Well, NPF had a solid season for a rookie tackle.  For a starting right tackle, he was well below average, but there's only a handful of OL rookies that are good out the gate.  They usually take a year or so.  If NPF makes the jump in talent you would normally expect out of a rookie OL, he'll move into the ranks of mediocre starting RTs imo.

Plus, Skoronski is a guard, and that's always been his best fit.  And from what OL guys say, it sounds like switching sides of the line is a tougher transition than moving inside.  So yeah, I think it's prudent to keep Skoronski where he's likely to stay for his career, regardless of how NPF develops.

Moving Brunskill would just be robbing Peter to pay Paul.  You may fix RT for six games, but you then have a right guard missing, and have to shift him yet again when NPF comes back.