NFL Top 100 (NFL Network)

Trojan

13 hours ago, malak1 said:

Apparently passing stats aren't the only things his peers take into account when assessing him as a player. 

They certainly didn't take wins or turnovers into account. Most QBs on the worst team in the league are looking for another team next year, not getting praised.

I don't see how anyone can think he's a franchise QB when he was a large reason why they lost so many games last year.

9 hours ago, Forge said:

For the niners, I will assume that they get 6-7 players on here. 

• Deebo (top 75?)
  • CMC (top 50)
  • Bosa (top 10)
  • Trent (top 15)
  • Fred Warner (top 30)
  • Kittle (top 75?)

Hargrave I would have thought between 80-100, so I'm going to assume not on the list. 

I should have quoted this earlier today when I saw it and said I think Hufanga is on it… and sure enough he is

7 hours ago, StatKing said:

They certainly didn't take wins or turnovers into account. Most QBs on the worst team in the league are looking for another team next year, not getting praised.

I don't see how anyone can think he's a franchise QB when he was a large reason why they lost so many games last year.

Take it up with his peers.

Today's group:
70. Joey Bosa, DE, Chargers
69. Matt Milano, LB, Bills
68. Zack Martin, G, Cowboys
67. Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR, Lions
66. Jared Goff, QB, Lions
65. Darius Slay, CB, Eagles
64. Aaron Jones, RB, Packers
63. Grady Jarrett, DT, Falcons
62. Bobby Wagner, LB, Seahawks
61. Deebo Samuel, WR, 49ers

6 hours ago, malak1 said:

You mean the same people that voted Tyler Huntley to the pro bowl last year? Yea, no thanks. When their analysis is as deep as " he's fast and I don't like chasing him around" maybe that should be taken with a grain of salt.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, StatKing said:

You mean the same people that voted Tyler Huntley to the pro bowl last year? Yea, no thanks. When their analysis is as deep as " he's fast and I don't like chasing him around" maybe that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Take it however you want, I don’t really care.

7 hours ago, malak1 said:

That’s a bold assumption thinking they’re putting much thought into this.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Who votes on this, the players? Fields just has more friends than Lawrence. Obvious.

Not saying this is THE truth, but Fields is part of the Quincy Avery QB club. Those guys are pretty close knit…

2 minutes ago, malak1 said:
43 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Take it however you want, I don’t really care.

Bluntly - you do care, because you’re on an island defending this one. 

Yes or No: Justin Fields is better than Trevor Lawrence

Just a Y or N will suffice.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Bluntly - you do care, because you’re on an island defending this one. 

Yes or No: Justin Fields is better than Trevor Lawrence

Just a Y or N will suffice.

No. Not based on any evidence that I've seen so far. 

• Like 2

Just now, malak1 said:

No. Not based on any evidence that I've seen so far. 

Not that it’s worth anything, but I sincerely respect your honesty here. I think most of us are perplexed by the vote turning out the way it did, and while we can all sort of hand wave it away with “it’s the players vote” I think most of us understand the sport well enough to where we’re all going to question it - which is what I’m doing. 

I’m like anyone else, I think this list is cool - but I don’t think there’s much science behind it, it’s the epitome of a popularity contest. Maybe a few players do some deeper dives into it, but for all intents and purposes - I think the general population in NFL General could put together a better list.