NFL Top 100 (NFL Network)

Trojan

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

I will readily admit I am biased against the Bears, but how did Justin Fields crack the top 100? He had less than 2500 yards passing and more turnovers than touchdowns on the worst team in the league. Am I missing something?

He broke 4 NFL records for a QB rushing last year including the single game rushing record and finished 60 yards away from the single season record set by L.Jackson. It was arguably the greatest rushing season ever from a QB.

• Like 1

Fields over Lawrence is interesting.  Fields does seem like a guy opposing players would hold in higher regard than the general fan would, but that's still surprising.  I wonder what those two think about each other?  They've probably been compared and indirectly pitted against each other since they were young teens.   

37 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Tristin Wirfs at 98 is a joke

Best RT in the league

There is going to be about 70-80 places between Wirfs and Lane Johnson, which isn't reality. Those are the 2 best RTs in the NFL pretty comfortably, and the difference is not that stark.

Fields should not be on this list. He may be the most overrated player in the NFL, honestly.

I expect to see Dexter Lawrence and Andrew Thomas on this list from my team. They probably are coming up soon as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StatKing said:

I will readily admit I am biased against the Bears, but how did Justin Fields crack the top 100? He had less than 2500 yards passing and more turnovers than touchdowns on the worst team in the league. Am I missing something?

Apparently passing stats aren't the only things his peers take into account when assessing him as a player. 

13 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Fields over Lawrence is interesting.  Fields does seem like a guy opposing players would hold in higher regard than the general fan would, but that's still surprising.  I wonder what those two think about each other?  They've probably been compared and indirectly pitted against each other since they were young teens.   

Yup. 

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Tristin Wirfs at 98 is a joke

Best RT in the league

I would assume part of it is the Buccaneers are projected to move him to LT and people don't consider him a top X LT in 2023 where X is however ish LTs are listed above him. Last year they projected him as 41 as RT protecting Brady. Now it's position switch and Brady turns into Baker Mayfield. The team success is projected to tremendously drop as well. I think he's probably low, but a drop makes sense for polling best players of the upcoming season.

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

I would assume part of it is the Buccaneers are projected to move him to LT and people don't consider him a top X LT in 2023 where X is however ish LTs are listed above him. Last year they projected him as 41 as RT protecting Brady. Now it's position switch and Brady turns into Baker Mayfield. The team success is projected to tremendously drop as well. I think he's probably low, but a drop makes sense for polling best players of the upcoming season.

i thought these rankings were based on the previous season

6 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I'm assuming the title is "2023" because the polling took place now, with a reference to the previous season

best example I can give is 2021 when the players voted for Deshaun Watson and then the NFL didn't know what to say so the narration is awkward as hell, and he didn't play in 2021 though they titled it Top 100 Players in 2021:

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Trojan said:

I didn't see a thread for it and it's the reveal of players vote for other NFL players to create the Top 100. Today the second wave 81-90 released.

100. Devonta Smith, WR Eagles
99. DeMarcus Lawrence, DE Cowboys
98. Tristan Wirfs, OT Buccaneers
97. Harrison Smith, S Vikings
96. Trevor Lawrence, QB Jaguars
95. Jamaal Williams, RB Saints
94. Terry McLaurin, WR Commanders
93. Eric Kendricks, LB Chargers
92. Marlon Humphries, CB Ravens
91. Dalvin Cook, RB Free Agent
90. DeAndre Hopkins, WR Titans
89. Marshon Lattimore, CB Saints