NFL Top 100 (NFL Network)

Trojan

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

I feel like Hurts fumbling the ball for a scoop n score that likely cost them the game probably disqualifies him as one of the greatest SB performances.

Yeah, I agree. Though I won't put the blame for the loss on Jalen. Jonathan Gannon is a loser who couldn't get a stop and was likely already moving on in his head to the Arizona job. There's some pieces on it lying around somewhere and it's linked to the tampering allegations.

13 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Come on. What are we doing here?

You know that the NFL has an insane recency bias. Hurts just had an MVP runner up season and went to the Super Bowl. I'm surprised he isn't #2.

I'm not Chris Jones, I didn't play in the Super Bowl, and I definitely don't want to discredit his experience, but Hurts didn't even have the best QB performance in the Super Bowl he appeared in. We really take Mahomes's greatness for granted sometimes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

3 things I take from this areee...

- KC really had 4 of the top 10 players in the entire league before trading Hill.

- Bosa as the 4th best player in the entire league? Are we sure?

- The Raiders have 3 of the top 20 players in the league and they are projected to be in the running for #1 overall.

ru-sure-about-that.gif

Another top 100 list I saw had Bosa as the 2nd best player in the league behind Mahomes. Raiders might have a few top talented guys, but between the coaching, the rest of the roster, and their tough division/conference they could still be in the running for #1 overall. 

Also, on Hurts I am not too surprised by him being number 3 given this is a players list. Players do tend to vote for guys that like/respect a clip higher than they should, and Hurts is very well-liked and respected among them. Also, like someone else said they do go by what happened the previous season more so than the whole body of work and with those things together Hurts being number 3 doesn't surprise me even if I wouldn't personally put him that high yet. 

16 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Come on. What are we doing here?

Ranking them properly based off the 2022 season. One was runner up as League MVP, almost won the SB damn near single handedly,  the other Not!

It's called recency bias.

55 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Hey that's why I said "anything is possible." It's pretty tough to predict this wacky list. 

I didn't realize participating in the super bowl would have given him such a bump above Burrow and Allen at QB. 

Yeah the super bowl must've play a role because #3 is wild. I also just think more players around the league like Hurts than an Allen or Burrow but both were higher in the ESPN list with coaches/executives and players.  

• Jalen Hurts ranked #3 after his breakout season in 2022
    • Total yards: 4,461 yards
    • Total TDs: 35 TDs
    • Completion %: 66.5%
    • 6 INTs
  • Josh Allen ranked #10 after his breakout season in 2020
    • Total yards: 4,977 yards
    • Total TDs: 46 TDs
    • Completion %: 69.2%
    • 10 INTs

I'm guessing it's the super bowl appearance that vaulted him up into the top 5 after his one breakout season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

Yeah the super bowl must've play a role because #3 is wild. I also just think more players around the league like Hurts than an Allen or Burrow but both were higher in the ESPN list with coaches/executives and players.  

• Jalen Hurts ranked #3 after his breakout season in 2022
    • Total yards: 4,461 yards
    • Total TDs: 35 TDs
    • Completion %: 66.5%
    • 6 INTs
  • Josh Allen ranked #10 after his breakout season in 2020
    • Total yards: 4,977 yards
    • Total TDs: 46 TDs
    • Completion %: 69.2%
    • 10 INTs

I'm guessing it's the super bowl appearance that vaulted him up into the top 5 after his one breakout season.

Wouldn't change Allen leading in yards and touchdowns especially, but Josh did play in 1 more game than Jalen and we should probably include the 2 fumbles lost for Hurts last year versus the 6 fumbles lost by Allen in 2020. That means Josh doubled up Jalen in turnovers with 16 versus 8.

But, yes going to the Super Bowl definitely played a significant factor.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Wouldn't change Allen leading in yards and touchdowns especially, but Josh did play in 1 more game than Jalen and we should probably include the 2 fumbles lost for Hurts last year versus the 6 fumbles lost by Allen in 2020. That means Josh doubled up Jalen in turnovers with 16 versus 8.

Allen's personnel to work with was quite a bit worse than Hurts, though. His O-line in 2020 is probably the best protection he's had in his career, sadly, but still- it's nowhere close to Hurts line, and while Allen had Diggs on the outside and Beasley in the slot (he's lacked a true slot receiver since Beasley left), he lacked a #2 (Jon Brown hit a wall) and a running game. 

17 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

100% with the super bowl and agreed on Allens fumbles when he's a runner. 8 turnovers vs 11 more TDs, 500 more yards and a better completion %. 

And I was in no means trying to discredit Hurts season. My only point was Allen's 2020 was better than Hurts 2023 and Hurts ended up in the top 3. Which I think is a result of the SB appearance and being tight with the players. 

7 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

And I was in no means trying to discredit Hurts season. My only point was Allen's 2020 was better than Hurts 2023 and Hurts ended up in the top 3. Which I think is a result of the SB appearance and being tight with the players. 

And your probably correct, as it should be. Not sure why that's so surprising? Hurts almost won MVP/SB Josh never even made it in 2020. 

Allen's 2020 season was way more impressive "during" the regular season. Overall, it wasn't, simply because he never made nor had a record breaking SB appearance. Not really that hard to understand tge difference IMO. 

Edited by Nabbs4u