NFL Top 100 (NFL Network)

Trojan

18 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Did not expect Devonta to make this list. Tells me the Eagles will get a ton of love, which is not too surprising considering all the exposure they got. Going to predict 6 additional Eagles make the list.

• Jason Kelce- top 75
  • Haason Reddick- top 75
  • Darius Slay- top 60
  • Lane Johnson- top 60
  • AJ Brown- top 30
  • Hurts- top 6

Kelce - 40-50 (I think he'll be the #1 Center)
Reddick - 60-70
Slay - 70-79 (I don't think he should make the list though. First half of the season he was great, 2nd half he was just average)
Lane - 30-40 (Should be the #2 OT after Trent and definitely in front of Wirfs)
AJ - 50-60 
Hurts - 5-10

The close, but not quites
Dickerson 
Mailata 
Bradberry 
Hargrave (honorable mention to the now 49er)
Goedert 

Edited by Jeezla

For the niners, I will assume that they get 6-7 players on here. 

• Deebo (top 75?)
  • CMC (top 50)
  • Bosa (top 10)
  • Trent (top 15)
  • Fred Warner (top 30)
  • Kittle (top 75?)

Hargrave I would have thought between 80-100, so I'm going to assume not on the list. 

18 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Maybe then. But I’m 90% sure they do it based off the previous season’s performance. At least, that’s what it used to be. 

It’s obviously heavily weighted towards the 2022 season and guys who have great seasons will be ranked highly, but the list has pretty routinely kept “great” players coming off down years still on the list/placed highly. 

JJ Watt ranked after a pretty mild final season as a Texan. Adrian Peterson placed despite only playing 3 games.

Today's reveal:

80: Mark Andrews, TE, Baltimore Ravens
79: Dre Greenlaw, LB, San Francisco 49ers
78: Talanoa Hufanga, S, San Francisco 49ers
77: Geno Smith, QB, Seattle Seahawks
76: Tariq Woolen, CB, Seattle Seahawks
75: Trey Hendrickson, DE, Cincinnati Bengals
74: Garrett Wilson, WR, New York Jets
73: Budda Baker, S, Arizona Cardinals
72: Lamar Jackson, QB, Baltimore Ravens
71: DeForest Buckner, DT, Indianapolis Colts

I am surprised at how well Talanoa Hufanga has played. He looked so stiff and clunky at the Senior Bowl when he had to change direction, and was giving up easy separation in coverage, but seems to be holding up at the NFL level.

Edited by Jeezla

51 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Today's reveal:

80: Mark Andrews, TE, Baltimore Ravens
79: Dre Greenlaw, LB, San Francisco 49ers
78: Talanoa Hufanga, S, San Francisco 49ers
77: Geno Smith, QB, Seattle Seahawks
76: Tariq Woolen, CB, Seattle Seahawks
75: Trey Hendrickson, DE, Cincinnati Bengals
74: Garrett Wilson, WR, New York Jets
73: Budda Baker, S, Arizona Cardinals
72: Lamar Jackson, QB, Baltimore Ravens
71: DeForest Buckner, DT, Indianapolis Colts

Greenlaw is a nice surprise. 

47 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I am surprised at how well Talanoa Hufanga has played. He looked so stiff and clunky at the Senior Bowl when he had to change direction, and was giving up easy separation in coverage, but seems to be holding up at the NFL level.

He's still a little clunky in coverage. Blows more coverages than you'd want. But he's got some ball hawk to him and hes good in coverage if he doesn't have to turn and run. 

• Like 2

Some in the thread are thinking way too hard about this. This is, and always has been, a very fun but incredibly casually compiled list with poor methodology and no consistent criteria.

Is this the top players of last year, or the top players of next year? Maybe just the best in general? Who knows! They certainly aren't giving every player they poll are hardline criteria for how to compile their list. I'm sure different players went off of vastly different ideas of the list.

Why is Justin Fields on there? Flashy name, big plays, I'm sure he popped in a lot of guys' heads more quickly than a center or a safety.

Why is Tristan Wirfs at 98? Guarantee it has nothing to do with him changing positions. Dude's a RT. Basically the inverse of Fields above.

This thing isn't well-structured or organized enough to be meaningful in any proper analytical way. It's a fun fluff piece. Thinking about it too much beyond that is a waste of time.

23 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

He broke 4 NFL records for a QB rushing last year including the single game rushing record and finished 60 yards away from the single season record set by L.Jackson. It was arguably the greatest rushing season ever from a QB.

I like QBs who throw the ball better than they run it. Lamar Jackson was the MVP that year on the best team in the league and he led the league in passing touchdowns.

I watched every Bears game last year and at no point did I think Fields was a top 15-20 QB. The first half of the season he was absolutely abysmal.

Fields being rated higher than Lawrence is an absolute joke.

Edited by StatKing
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Greenlaw is a nice surprise. 

yep.. I was actually excpecting  mr. Hendrickson to get overlooked because I have been a Bengals fan for so long.  

Nice to se great players get recognized.  

I also think Budda could have been a little higher... dude is a beast.