We STILL have to fire Hue Jackson

hornbybrown

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He was having none of Hue's bufoonery, and I'm glad.

Next the collective of Cleveland writers need to give Jimmy the print time he deserves for his gross incompetence.

Ask Tony Grossi what happens when you hold the owner of the Cleveland Browns accountable.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what happened?

I don't read/listen to him regularly so I'm not up to speed.

http://www.cleveland.com/readers/index.ssf/2012/01/tony_grossis_reassignment_was.html

You lose your job.  I would have respected Grossi's spine if he tweeted that stuff intentionally but shows the media has to endear themselves to the owner quite a bit.

54 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

http://www.cleveland.com/readers/index.ssf/2012/01/tony_grossis_reassignment_was.html

You lose your job.  I would have respected Grossi's spine if he tweeted that stuff intentionally but shows the media has to endear themselves to the owner quite a bit.

Oh that old nonsense....

Grossi left for a job with a larger audience, no worries. They can't fire all of them and their isn't one that should be capable of defending his incompetence at this point.

If Haslam doesn't like the narrative, fine, do something to change the narrative.  As is, he's the most clueless owner in recent sports memory. The NFL is doing a disservice to its fanbase allowing this buffoon to continue to run one of its franchises into the ground.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

This is common knowledge at this point...Haslam appears to be the only guy that didn't get the memo:

https://nflspinzone.com/2017/12/09/cleveland-browns-hue-jackson-explains-why-hes-terrible-coach/

I think hue will be fired, just can’t do it in the middle of the season. If Hue was fired the team would be lacking a HC and anOC. They would need to promote Al Saunders a guy who hasn’t called plays in 5+ years. Now he couldn’t focus on the WRs but than focus on trying to run a team as an interim HC and scheme up offensive game plans as the Interim OC. We thought this team was an ish show now, having Saunders doing that would be even worse but it wouldn’t be his fault tho. 

I think Sashi made he most sense to fire now cause they could easily hire his replacement. Which they did in under 24 hours. They couldn’t do the same with Hue

36 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think hue will be fired, just can’t do it in the middle of the season. If Hue was fired the team would be lacking a HC and anOC. They would need to promote Al Saunders a guy who hasn’t called plays in 5+ years. Now he couldn’t focus on the WRs but than focus on trying to run a team as an interim HC and scheme up offensive game plans as the Interim OC. We thought this team was an ish show now, having Saunders doing that would be even worse but it wouldn’t be his fault tho. 

I think Sashi made he most sense to fire now cause they could easily hire his replacement. Which they did in under 24 hours. They couldn’t do the same with Hue

That makes sense, I suppose.

But Haslam still has to do the dirty work since Cueball reports to him.

Suppose he will blame it on Dorsey.

19 minutes ago, everlong said:

Hue has to be fired. He and Dorsey WILL NOT get along (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article158155634.html). Let Dorsey pick his coach, draft Baker Mayfield first overall and give that regime a guaranteed four years. 

Haslam was told the rebuild that Sashi and DePo envisioned was lengthy and painful at times.  They needed patience if it were to work.

Haslam agreed.

Sashi then went on to rid the team of every crap salary, aquire an almost never before seen amount of draft capital and roughly 9 figures in cap space, all in about a year and a half.

He was promptly fired.

Why in the hell would anyone even consider believing such a "guarantee" from Haslam?  

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Haslam was told the rebuild that Sashi and DePo envisioned was lengthy and painful at times.  They needed patience if it were to work.

Haslam agreed.

Sashi then went on to rid the team of every crap salary, aquire an almost never before seen amount of draft capital and roughly 9 figures in cap space, all in about a year and a half.

He was promptly fired.

Why in the hell would anyone even consider believing such a "guarantee" from Haslam?  

1-28 isn't "painful"; it's incompetence.

It all comes back to Hue, always does. But He shouldn't be getting ALL the blame here...

Gregg Williams and the defense collapsed in the fourth quarter/overtime.

Kizer made that dumb decision in OT to throw and up for grabs ball.

Njoku dropping the third and short pass that was in his hands.

The list goes on...

I think the bulk of hate towards Hue is coming from the decision to throw on third and short in OT, yes? Obviously there's other factors but that was today's nail in the coffin. Well, I liked that call. Bold, indeed, but there've been too many times when we had run it in those situations, it was so obvious, and our backs were stuffed for a loss. I cannot knock Hue for taking that chance. Yeah, point out hindsight, sure. That means nothing.

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No more than 4 regimes in 5 years.

Dorsey is an idiot for taking this job just like any coach who signs on is an idiot.  Haslam will ruin your career.

Well, someone was going to fill the job. That doesn't hide the fact that Sashi was a bad GM.

Passing up Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz AND Jimmy Garappolo for DeShone Kizer would get you fired by the other 31 teams.

Archived