We STILL have to fire Hue Jackson

hornbybrown

I would be all for drafting players to fit Hue's system but hue doesnt have a system.

Hue has shown no  offensive identity.

I dont think I have ever muttered to me self saying

"Wow Hue really needs this kind of player" Or "If Hue had this kind of p;layer, it be a different game"

Its mainly been, Browns need a franchise QB

This is the worst coached team in the league, in every facet.

Many in here were calling for continuity earlier in the year, and for most of them, it was the only reason to retain Hue.

Now that continuity has been thrown out the window, is there any justification to keep Hue left?

1 minute ago, ditchdigger said:

Many in here were calling for continuity earlier in the year, and for most of them, it was the only reason to retain Hue.

Now that continuity has been thrown out the window, is there any justification to keep Hue left?

Because he hasn't had time for the players to develop that were picked by the guy that got fired? We really don't know what we have with these young players yet, it takes time, especially when there are so many young guys on the roster. We have a pretty good idea what Hue can do for them though.

We had a game where the offensive line dominated, the running game was strong and we had all of our weapons. Our QB had his best game, at least the first 25 minutes of the game and we scored 3 times on 9 possessions. Sure we eclipsed 20 points for the 3rd time this season but there was no pressure on the QB 90% of the time and Crowell rushed for 6.4 per carry and 121 yards. This was the best case scenario that our offense could find itself in and we couldn't close it out.

I think we need a coach who isn't coaching for himself all of the time. We were 0-12 with a 7 point lead in the 4th quarter, maybe we should have went for it on 4th and 1 or on 4th and 4. Take a gamble, it won't cost us a playoff berth. It is playing Monday morning QB but so far this year if Hue would have made the dumbest coaching decision on every play of every game we'd have the same outcome. You'd hope the coach is good enough to win you a game or two along the way. Even when the opposition lays an egg we still lose. We can't even win one of those popular trap games other teams talk about.

Maybe Hue isn't the problem but if he is worth his salt he won't go 1-31.

3 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

None.

I was prolly the biggest advocate of continuity and giving these guys time, but that ship has sailed.

Nuke the whole thing so we can do it again in 2 years.  

Maybe eventually the league steps in and puts a halt to this incompetence.

4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

And just in case you were thinking maybe we should retain Gregg...

Please, Dorsey.  Get rid of these losers.

I would still keep Williams. He actually has a track record of being a successful DC in the league. 

They need to bring in a new a HC and not force him any hold overs tho. Let him decide on what assistants stay or go

57 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I would still keep Williams. He actually has a track record of being a successful DC in the league. 

They need to bring in a new a HC and not force him any hold overs tho. Let him decide on what assistants stay or go

I want to agree, but his schemes defy reason.

Look at the images above.  3rd and 6 at the 25 and we're essentially playing 10 v. 11. I get wanting to avoid big plays, but it doesn't much matter if they just walk it down the field.

1st and 10 with their backs against the goal line and we give a 10 yard cushion. A HS qb should look at that and audible to a WR screen and take the free yardage.

I'm willing to see what Williams can do if we add some talent on the back end, but some of his decisions are just absurd.

Peppers playing 30 yards from the LOS all season has been absurd.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I want to agree, but his schemes defy reason.

Look at the images above.  3rd and 6 at the 25 and we're essentially playing 10 v. 11. I get wanting to avoid big plays, but it doesn't much matter if they just walk it down the field.

1st and 10 with their backs against the goal line and we give a 10 yard cushion. A HS qb should look at that and audible to a WR screen and take the free yardage.

I'm willing to see what Williams can do if we add some talent on the back end, but some of his decisions are just absurd.

Peppers playing 30 yards from the LOS all season has been absurd.

One of the biggest reasons I wanted Hue to stay was so we could keep Williams. But his use of Peppers is inexcusable. Although it can be argued that even with the bizarre concept we are a top defense. Despite being REALLY young. Who knows how Peppers will be if we get a bonafide FS ?

Archived