We STILL have to fire Hue Jackson

hornbybrown

6 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I think Morton (OC - Jets) should be high on people's priority lists this year. The dude is still in his 40's and has proved this year that he's willing to do unconventional things with his scheme to fit his personnel. As opposed to some coaches who think the FO's job is to get only players perfectly tailored to their pre-determined schemes.

Yeah I’m still stunned by the Hue Jackson quote. I also feel the one time I wanted the Cleveland media to rip into something they have dropped a open TD pass on this one.

its one of the most baffling comments I have heard from a coach in all my years watching sport

1 minute ago, hornbybrown said:

Yeah I’m still stunned by the Hue Jackson quote. I also feel the one time I wanted the Cleveland media to rip into something they have dropped a open TD pass on this one.

its one of the most baffling comments I have heard from a coach in all my years watching sport

Doug Lesmires (spelling it wrong) ripped into him something fierce. And a handful of the younger national guys (Ringer, couple ESPN guys even) have written some really scathing stuff.

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

Doug Lesmires (spelling it wrong) ripped into him something fierce. And a handful of the younger national guys (Ringer, couple ESPN guys even) have written some really scathing stuff.

I’m glad to hear this, but still disappointed in the local media

On 12/8/2017 at 2:05 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don't think any less of Hue, he did what he had to do to keep his job.  Haslam is the problem.

Hue just ran his last excuse out of town though. 2018 is put up or shut up. 

I'll give him a shot.

I go back and forth on Hue. I think if he gets fired, it’s easy to say, well he did go 1-31. Hard to argue with that logic. If he stays, I could live with that, too, as I don’t feel he had enough talent to win, and comments from Dorsey seem to support that view. So how can you honestly say he had a really fair shot. So when Haslam said Hue would be back in 2018, I was fine with that. 

However, I listened to the podcast of Baskin and Phelps interview with Sam Rutigliano. Sam has forgotten more about football than I’ll ever know. And Sam said when Hue says all these wins are on him, he is right!  It is on Hue and a change is needed. Sam says Dorsey needs to clean house and start over. So, if a knowledgeable coach such as Sam says that, then perhaps that’s what’s needed. 

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

Yeah I’m still stunned by the Hue Jackson quote.

I am not. 

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

It is backassward.

1 hour ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

I go back and forth on Hue. I think if he gets fired, it’s easy to say, well he did go 1-31. Hard to argue with that logic. If he stays, I could live with that, too, as I don’t feel he had enough talent to win, and comments from Dorsey seem to support that view. So how can you honestly say he had a really fair shot. So when Haslam said Hue would be back in 2018, I was fine with that. 

However, I listened to the podcast of Baskin and Phelps interview with Sam Rutigliano. Sam has forgotten more about football than I’ll ever know. And Sam said when Hue says all these wins are on him, he is right!  It is on Hue and a change is needed. Sam says Dorsey needs to clean house and start over. So, if a knowledgeable coach such as Sam says that, then perhaps that’s what’s needed. 

I don't hold a BAD record against Hue, but I do hold 1-28.

This is not the least talented Browns team we've seen.  I'd argue this team, for at least part of the year, had the most talented offensive and defensive lines we've had since our return and possibly the best set of linebackers and TE's.

While awful, I'm not sure our WR's were much better with the corpse of Dwayne Bowe and Andrew Hawkins a few years ago. 

I just think a GOOD coach finds a way to get a COUPLE of wins.  Last year was rough with the qb injuries, new scheme, etc, but the offense regressed and talent was both added and developed since then.

0-the season is unacceptable if you are a GOOD coach.  Not saying Hue is bad, but he sure as hell hasn't shown to be GOOD.

This roster, as young and full of holes as it may be, is not a 1-28 roster.

17 hours ago, buno67 said:

coaches, some media members, and some fans have been saying it’s been the talent. 

The talent and the make up of the roster is the reason the browns won’t win 7+ wins. It’s the freaking coaching that is the reason we won’t even win one game. 

Unless of course, they intended to tank the season to get the #1 overall pick = Darnold. Perhaps Sashi believed he was safe having been given a guarantee he had 5 years to get the job done, by our great incompetent owner and suggested strongly to Hue, that Kizer start, knowing full well it would be a disaster???.

My main reason for wanting Hue gone is simple. In any reasonable organization, in or out of football, when you hire a new GM/CEO, you give them the authority to hire their top subordinates and not have a subordinate bypass the GM/CEO and report directly to the owner, this is called organizational suicide!!!

4 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Unless of course, they intended to tank the season to get the #1 overall pick = Darnold. Perhaps Sashi believed he was safe having been given a guarantee he had 5 years to get the job done, by our great incompetent owner and suggested strongly to Hue, that Kizer start, knowing full well it would be a disaster???.

My main reason for wanting Hue gone is simple. In any reasonable organization, in or out of football, when you hire a new GM/CEO, you give them the authority to hire their top subordinates and not have a subordinate bypass the GM/CEO and report directly to the owner, this is called organizational suicide!!!

I think dorsry will have that power. He had that issue in KC. Where he the HC was reporting to someone else besides him. It lead to him being fired in KC. 

Archived