We STILL have to fire Hue Jackson

hornbybrown

did anyone else listen to the press conference Hue gave after he met with Dorsey?

Hue said "John gets it, some people think you need to draft the best players that fit the browns, but really you need to draft the best players that fit the coaches talents"

WHAT?!?!?!?!  You build the scheme around the players strengths hue, not the other way around!  Its clear that he thinks he needs players to fit HIS system...

The more I think about it, the more I really wonder what Hue does well as a Head Coach.

He hasn't managed the clock well, hes made timeouts and things that have really cost us.

He hasn't managed when to go for it on 4th down or when to go for 2 well.  The terrible play calls on 4th and goal against the jets come to mind.

He hasn't been good at putting our best players on the field.  So many times we get to the red zone, I see Njoku and Johnson on the bench.  We still don't seem to get the ball into Dukes hands nearly enough in the game for how good he is.

He hasn't paid attention to the things head coaches need to pay attention to such as the chargers turning off their headsets if ours are having issues.

He hasn't really play called incredibly well.  Our team with a rookie QB and a veteran offensive line and RB in his contract year was made to run the ball, and he always seems to put the ball in the hands of the rookie QB instead of keeping it on the ground, Including but not limited to when we are up by 14 and trying to run the clock down.

And he hasn't won ballgames.  I don't care how much talent you think this team has, he has not put us in ANY position to win games...He is 1-28 and you can't blame all of that on Sashi.

Aside from the players liking him (which at this point they have to say, except for Britt, who hasn't been saying that anymore) I don't understand what he does well...

9 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

did anyone else listen to the press conference Hue gave after he met with Dorsey?

Hue said "John gets it, some people think you need to draft the best players that fit the browns, but really you need to draft the best players that fit the coaches talents"

WHAT?!?!?!?!  You build the scheme around the players strengths hue, not the other way around!  Its clear that he thinks he needs players to fit HIS system...

Eh I think it's a mix.

Coaches should certainly work around their players skill sets but GM's need to find players who fit the coach's preferred system.

I'm not sure I saw Sashi fail to do that though.

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh I think it's a mix.

Coaches should certainly work around their players skill sets but GM's need to find players who fit the coach's preferred system.

That may be true but I don't necessarily see the browns adjusting his system to fit the players we have.

Peppers playing center field is a showcase of that.

But hue did it a lot when he had Andy Dalton running the read option also.

I would like to see more scheme adjustment to match the talent we have...

2 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

That may be true but I don't necessarily see the browns adjusting his system to fit the players we have.

Peppers playing center field is a showcase of that.

But hue did it a lot when he had Andy Dalton running the read option also.

I would like to see more scheme adjustment to match the talent we have...

I don't disagree.

Depending on a 21 year old rookie to sling it 30 times a game with no receivers isn't a great idea either.

36 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Depending on a 21 year old rookie to sling it 30 times a game with no receivers isn't a great idea either.

And not just slinging it...but slinging it DOWNFIELD on 5-7 step drops and routes with 2+ vertical options and zero checkdowns. It's infuriating.

What the hell was Hue and Al doing in the 2nd half of the game yesterday? How does Coleman, Gordon, and Njoku not make any plays in the 2nd. Green Bay packers don’t have enough talent to be able to take out those three on any given talent. 

That is coaching, the Coaches did not put his players in position to win. He complains about lack of talent but that trio is as talented as any trio in the league.

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

What the hell was Hue and Al doing in the 2nd half of the game yesterday? How does Coleman, Gordon, and Njoku not make any plays in the 2nd. Green Bay packers don’t have enough talent to be able to take out those three on any given talent. 

That is coaching, the Coaches did not put his players in position to win. He complains about lack of talent but that trio is as talented as any trio in the league.

Yeah the talent issue sailed out the window when you line those guys up together.

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

And not just slinging it...but slinging it DOWNFIELD on 5-7 step drops and routes with 2+ vertical options and zero checkdowns. It's infuriating.

That's what happened on the first pick, at least from what I could see.  Hue calls a bunch of go routes and then looks incredulous when the kid chucks it.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah the talent issue sailed out the window when you line those guys up together.

Yeah have an offense with Gordan, Coleman, Njoku, and duke Johnson and add in the fact that Crowell was having himself a game. How the hell does Green Bay pitch a shutout in the second half?

hue hides behind the talent excuse but the reason the browns lost Sunday was purely on coaching. Offensive and defensive coaching. You won’t ever hear Hue be accountable on that tho. 

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah have an offense with Gordan, Coleman, Njoku, and duke Johnson and add in the fact that Crowell was having himself a game. How the hell does Green Bay pitch a shutout in the second half?

hue hides behind the talent excuse but the reason the browns lost Sunday was purely on coaching. Offensive and defensive coaching. You won’t ever hear Hue be accountable on that tho. 

I have yet to hear Hue be accountable without blaming it on someone else.

He did it almost sarcastically when Kizer audibled to the sneak at Detroit, but he did it with everyone knowing it wasn't him.

Like he did back when Oakland lost the final game of the season, Hue blames things on everyone but himself...

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

I would like to take exception to this, but not argumentatively. Didn’t Kizer throw an interception at the end of the first half when we had a chance to score some points before the half ended?

And did we not give up a killing 65 yard punt return with two minutes left to set Green Bay up at the 25?  INEXCUSABLE!  I post always that it never ceases to amaze me how Chris Tabor is still employed in this league. 

How many missed sack opportunities did we have yesterday?  Numerous.  All of these mistakes add up to losses. 

Now I will say that our pass defense is horrific. If you can’t put pressure on the QB, or at least tackle him when can for loss, you better be covering their receivers. We did not, and some of that is coaching, to me. 

The other thing, and this will get laughs, but I say without doubt that NFL officials are biased  against the Browns. How many GB infractions were not called. We will never get any slack, benefit of doubt or close calls. And it’s just one more small piece that contributes to each loss.

36 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

I would like to take exception to this, but not argumentatively. Didn’t Kizer throw an interception at the end of the first half when we had a chance to score some points before the half ended?

And did we not give up a killing 65 yard punt return with two minutes left to set Green Bay up at the 25?  INEXCUSABLE!  I post always that it never ceases to amaze me how Chris Tabor is still employed in this league. 

How many missed sack opportunities did we have yesterday?  Numerous.  All of these mistakes add up to losses. 

Now I will say that our pass defense is horrific. If you can’t put pressure on the QB, or at least tackle him when can for loss, you better be covering their receivers. We did not, and some of that is coaching, to me. 

The other thing, and this will get laughs, but I say without doubt that NFL officials are biased  against the Browns. How many GB infractions were not called. We will never get any slack, benefit of doubt or close calls. And it’s just one more small piece that contributes to each loss.

yeah they had chances to score more before the end of the 1st but where were these chances in the 2nd half. couldnt even do enough to get a FG. 

The punt return is INEXCUSABLE, like you said lol. I pray to god that we get a new staff and they bring in a new ST coach. Only hold over I would want is Greg Williams.

Yeah the officials seemed to be bias but one thing I have noticed is you dont see Hue every politicking to/with the refs to get calls or to get make up calls. It would be nice to see Hue rip a ref a new one for missing a call. You just dont see Hue doing those kind of things. To me that is part of his failure at game management. He doesnt mange the refs very well

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh I think it's a mix.

Shouldn't the GM and the entire FO first challenge the merit/wisdom of the coach's preferred system?

Personally, I am not a fan of Hue's system or any static system at all.

I would prefer a much more Hoodie approach to things.

17 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Shouldn't the GM and the entire FO first challenge the merit/wisdom of the coach's preferred system?

Personally, I am not a fan of Hue's system or any static system at all.

I would prefer a much more Hoodie approach to things.

Agreed, he does seem rigid in his approach.

I really liked how he worked around Kessler's limitations and put together some nice game plans last season.

This year? 

"HEY....ERRYBODY GO DEEP!!"

2 hours ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

It's got to mess with the players' heads.

Archived