We STILL have to fire Hue Jackson

hornbybrown

15 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

This is the worst coached team in the league, in every facet.

Many in here were calling for continuity earlier in the year, and for most of them, it was the only reason to retain Hue.

Now that continuity has been thrown out the window, is there any justification to keep Hue left?

Count me in as one of the guys who was advocating for continuity. Now that itchy finger Jimmy has pulled the trigger on Dorsey (a move I honestly can't criticize), I wouldn't be mad if they dumped Hue after the season, and let Dorsey hire a coach who reports to him. If was obvious that aside from Farmer's horrendous drafting, one of the big faults Trigger Truckstop wanted to correct from the previous regime was coach and GM not being on the same page. And while paying lip service to that, he went and set up the front office executive structure in a way that anyone who has spent even 5 minutes interning in a business environment could identify was doomed to fail...and here we are. I really don't see miracles happening next season with Hue, and if he wins less than say, 6-7 games, he'll probably be out anyway. Being that it's unlikely he does, we might as well just complete the clean refresh now with a real management structure and philosophy. I'd lose m mind, though, if said restructure resulted in a DC who runs the 3-4. I can handle rebooting, even though I wanted continuity, and I can handle giving Hue another year, but I can not handle going back to a 3-4 scheme.

44 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I can handle giving Hue another year,

I cannot.

It's not as if he has earned next Sunday much less another year.

44 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I can not handle going back to a 3-4 scheme.

Me, neither.

This probably is the one group for which choosing the "right" players is important.

Big restart that I do not want.

I honestly don’t think going to a 3-4 would be all that bad. Browns have the talent for it IMO. Comes down to coaching. 

To me the talent on the defense is young enough and talented enough that any scheme could work, just depends on the coach

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I honestly don’t think going to a 3-4 would be all that bad. Browns have the talent for it IMO. Comes down to coaching. 

To me the talent on the defense is young enough and talented enough that any scheme could work, just depends on the coach

No please no. Anything but a 3-4 D. 

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

Well, I disagree, Garrett is no 3-4 DE and who knows if he could play LBer in a 3-4 defense. It is far better now to stick to the talent base we have on defense and not -put the team through another change in defensive philosophy. After all, who knows how many of our defensive players can even play in a 3-4???

As for Hue, he should have been fired and Dorsey given the authority to hire his own man, but you would need a competent owner to see that happen and clearly, we do not have that!!!

IMO, until Haslam starts to feel it in his pocket book, he will never change and with a new GM and a new QB, fans will still buy tickets for a couple of more years, before fans become restless once again, because our management structure will never produce a winner, so sooner or later, we will be back where we were recently.

5 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

With a 21 year-old rookie QB.  Ugh.

That’s why Hue can go pound salt...he was doing that when the browns didn’t have CC or JG. Which makes it even worse.

maybe Kizer could be a franchise QB but Hue prolly screwed that up. I don’t trust him with the QB we will draft. 

6 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

With a 21 year-old rookie QB.  Ugh.

This is what gives me hope regarding Kizer’s future.

There was no “development”, Hue just tossed the kid into the deep end with some under inflated water wings (Louis, Higgins, etc) and expected him to swim.

Perhaps the next guy can coax a bit a bit more out of him.

coaches, some media members, and some fans have been saying it’s been the talent. 

The talent and the make up of the roster is the reason the browns won’t win 7+ wins. It’s the freaking coaching that is the reason we won’t even win one game. 

It annoys me To no end that Greg Williams some how believes every QB he faces are surgical when it comes to passes 10+ yards down field. That has to be the reason because he thinks giving up 5-7yards is better than 14-18yards. Make the QB throw the 15yard pass instead of the 7yars pass. It’s a lot harder pass to make compared to the others. If a DB gets beat, you hope the DB recovers and the QB can make the 25+ yard throw. Hell make the QB wait for the longer pass and maybe the pass rush actually gets to the QB. Make the QBs make the great passes and make them beat you. 

I don’t think Greg Williams has even called games like this. To me this could be a hue thing too, which wouldn’t surprise me. He has  sabotaged the offense, why not the defense too!

Archived