I’m Screaming!: Bears sign DE Yannick Ngakoue

Ty21

8 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Bears select third overall in the 2024 NFL Draft just missing on Caleb Williams and Drake Maye, confirmed. Bears give up on Justin Fields and trade for QBOTF Trey Lance, confirmed. Rinse and repeat, confirmed.

What in the entire **** does this have to do with Ngakoue?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

He gets the Bears a meaningless win, a la Houston doing the same thing last year. 

Or the Bears signed him with a backup plan where they eat his cap dollars and trade him for a pick at the deadline while they keep the rebuild going. Contenders are always going to want more pass rush, and there's obviously a limited snap role for him on those types of teams.

Been pretty common in baseball/basketball for a while now. A formerly great closer going to bad team rehab for half a season before a trade deadline move to a contender has been a thing for a decade now.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Bears select third overall in the 2024 NFL Draft just missing on Caleb Williams and Drake Maye, confirmed. Bears give up on Justin Fields and trade for QBOTF Trey Lance, confirmed. Rinse and repeat, confirmed.

Real eyes realize real lies 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Man oh man do I have bad news for you...

Actually we should go back to calling it SD. F LA

Also should consider allowing SD to have 156 roster slots. If they triple the available players, surely they’ll have a few around at the end of the season. It’s only fair 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 8:36 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Pros: crazy good at rushing the QB, especially in clear passer situations

Cons: Everything else

In fairness, the main thing i want in a pass rusher is that...they're real good in rushing the passer.

But yeah.  He's a bit scheme limited and also just...limited and narrow in his scope of impact.  I'll always still have a soft spot for him.  He was a brightspot in some lean years as a Jaguars fan.  To have found money like that out of the draft, and a likeable character as well.

• Like 1