Vrabel is the only Belichick affiliate with success, why is that?

General Tso

Brian Flores if he has success in Minnesota this year with that D he will be a head coach without question in the NFL and I think he is pretty damn good as a coach.

Kirk Ferentz, was only will Bill for a bit on the Browns but clearly he is a fine coach and obviously Nick Saban is an all time great football coach regardless.  He could have success in the NFL but it is a different game and he makes more of an impact in college anyway and can have more control where in the NFL he cannot.

If you throw Bill Parcells in the mix with Belichick then one has Tom Coughlin and Sean Payton so there you have two Super Bowl winning head coaches in the mix and on the lower end Jim Fassel also.

3 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

McDaniels is on his 3rd head coaching hire. Is that successful? Only been fired once.

2nd.  Broncos & Raiders.  Was just an OC for the Rams and not gonna count the Colts since he didn't really do anything but leave them hanging.  lol.

But 34-56 isn't a great stat regardless.

Edited by IheartMyV8

13 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Do you think so? He turned down an HC job this year in favor of the Vikings DC gig. Safe to say if he does a good job in Minnesota, he'll be up for future HC roles.

90% sure. You don't call out the good ol boys club like he did and keep getting head coaching offers.

This part doesn’t get said out loud enough, but playing for BB will require you to endure a physical pounding.

Most guys don’t want to play a very physical style of football because they want to extend their careers and get paid. However, if you’re a no-namer you kinda have no choice. It’s why BB wins with those types of players.

Vrabel is the same way. He demands physicality and that you tackle and break tackles.

5 hours ago, Chiefer said:

He’s in the Crennel tree who worked under Belicheck. 

it’s like Andy Reid being apart of the Bill Walsh tree even though he only worked for Holmgrwn

Vrabel never coached under Crennel either(at least, not as HC, Crennel was the DC over Vrabel in Houston before Vrabel took that position in 2017). If that's the route you go, then he might more accurately be placed under Fickell or Jim Heacock's tree.

Only three head coaches he's worked under are Luke Fickell(was the interim for the season between Tressel and Meyer), Urban Meyer and Bill O'Brien.

The whole coaching tree thing I find kinda silly regardless anyway.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Vrabel never coached under Crennel either(at least, not as HC, Crennel was the DC over Vrabel in Houston before Vrabel took that position in 2017). If that's the route you go, then he might more accurately be placed under Fickell or Jim Heacock's tree.

Only three head coaches he's worked under are Luke Fickell(was the interim for the season between Tressel and Meyer), Urban Meyer and Bill O'Brien.

The whole coaching tree thing I find kinda silly regardless anyway.

Well he coached under Bilbo Brian right? So that’s still an offshoot of the Belicheck tree in a sense. I just mixed up the HCs there, I think it’s silly too, but this is a nepotistic culture and the new guys had to learn under somebody. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Well he coached under Bilbo Brian right? So that’s still an offshoot of the Belicheck tree in a sense. I just mixed up the HCs there, I think it’s silly too, but this is a nepotistic culture and the new guys had to learn under somebody. 

3rd cousin,  of 2nd uncle removed from 3rd Aunt? That kind of Tree? 

No!

• Like 1