Preseason Game 2 - New England @ Green Bay

Leader

Looks like Love and the starters will play except for Bakhtiari.

#3 RB spot still open. Emanuel Wilson made a big splash last week but has to show he can handle special teams and pass pro. Patrick Taylor is old reliable.

#6 WR spot (if there is one) likely between Melton and Heath. Melton has been getting more special teams snaps but Heath has done a lot of good things. DuBose has been coming on.

Packers have 6 OL spots locked up. Rasheed Walker probably a good bet. So you have Rhyan, Newman, Hanson, Caleb Jones (injured), Telfort, Schneider and Tenuta (injured) probably fighting for 2 spots.

Austin Allen has a shot at showing he can be the #4 TE. Special teams probably the key.

At QB I expect we'll see more of McGough than we saw last week.

On DL Jonathan Ford has been making a strong push for #6 DL spot (if there is one).

With Campbell out, McDuffie should get a lot of playing time. Carpenter and Eric Wilson probably battling for #4 spot.

At EDGE Justin Hollins and Brenton Cox may be battling for 1 spot.

Safety still wide open opposite Savage. Anthony Johnson has been coming on.

At CB, Carrington Valentine continues to be the talk of camp. Innis Gaines and Shemar Jean-Charles may be competing for backup nickel spot.

Anders Carlson will calm a lot of fans nerves if he kicks well tonight. Daniel Whelan needs a huge game if he is to beat out O'Donnell.

Yeah, I had to figure the starters have to get at least 1 Q of play and a little more.  This one won't count but you want them to be in somewhat of game on mode so that they're ready for week 1, and as you likely wouldn't use the final preseason game next week for that, this would have to be it.

Bigger question is how much of the Pats players will be going and for how long.  Would be curious to see if Clifford and the guys going in with him get to face the 1s

55 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Yeah, I had to figure the starters have to get at least 1 Q of play and a little more.  This one won't count but you want them to be in somewhat of game on mode so that they're ready for week 1, and as you likely wouldn't use the final preseason game next week for that, this would have to be it.

Bigger question is how much of the Pats players will be going and for how long.  Would be curious to see if Clifford and the guys going in with him get to face the 1s

I'm thinking Love and starters could get extensive action tonight and then not play in Seattle, or at minimum play sparingly next week. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}

2 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Looks like Love and the starters will play except for Bakhtiari.

#3 RB spot still open. Emanuel Wilson made a big splash last week but has to show he can handle special teams and pass pro. Patrick Taylor is old reliable.

#6 WR spot (if there is one) likely between Melton and Heath. Melton has been getting more special teams snaps but Heath has done a lot of good things. DuBose has been coming on.

Packers have 6 OL spots locked up. Rasheed Walker probably a good bet. So you have Rhyan, Newman, Hanson, Caleb Jones (injured), Telfort, Schneider and Tenuta (injured) probably fighting for 2 spots.

Austin Allen has a shot at showing he can be the #4 TE. Special teams probably the key.

At QB I expect we'll see more of McGough than we saw last week.

On DL Jonathan Ford has been making a strong push for #6 DL spot (if there is one).

With Campbell out, McDuffie should get a lot of playing time. Carpenter and Eric Wilson probably battling for #4 spot.

At EDGE Justin Hollins and Brenton Cox may be battling for 1 spot.

Safety still wide open opposite Savage. Anthony Johnson has been coming on.

At CB, Carrington Valentine continues to be the talk of camp. Innis Gaines and Shemar Jean-Charles may be competing for backup nickel spot.

Anders Carlson will calm a lot of fans nerves if he kicks well tonight. Daniel Whelan needs a huge game if he is to beat out O'Donnell.

Your thoughts or pulled from twitter?

What was seen of Melton to put him over anyone?

If Ford looks like he did against the Bengals, he makes the team, IMO.  

Cox vs Hollins is a tough one for me.  I would bet that Hollins is a better player in 2023.  I have almost no doubt about that.  But Cox probably gets to the  Enagbare level by next season.  

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Your thoughts or pulled from twitter?

What was seen of Melton to put him over anyone?

If Ford looks like he did against the Bengals, he makes the team, IMO.  

Cox vs Hollins is a tough one for me.  I would bet that Hollins is a better player in 2023.  I have almost no doubt about that.  But Cox probably gets to the  Enagbare level by next season.  

My thoughts. I did read that Melton was getting more ST reps than Heath last week. The #6 spot might well come down to that. Something to watch for tonight. 

• Like 1