Preseason Game 2 - New England @ Green Bay

Leader

Any news on who is playing/sitting? I assume Love will play a quarter or more and probably sit next week, but with the off week between preseason game 3 and week 1, he might get action in both games.

Also, I'm going to assume Bak won't play at all in preseason. The rest I have no idea. 

13 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

14-14. Carlson misses the game-winning FG in the OT.

11 minutes ago, Eternal said:

Haha that would be hilarious. I really hope we look at a replacement kicker.

That would be hilarious since there is no OT in preseason games. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, R T said:

The all-time preseason record between the Packers and Patriots is at 7-7.

This a must win game, the season hangs in the balance on the outcome. 

Damn the torpedoes.

#Justwinbaby! 

Patriots will be out to avenge Super Bowl XXXI. Better be ready.

Let's hope our starters play.  I went to the scrimmage this week.  Wednesday we looked very good.....both offense and defense....but we got our butts kicked in on Thursday.  The Patriots upped their intensity on Thursday and we just did not match it at all.  Very disappointed in that.  Other teams last year thought they could come in and bully us and when they did they won.  We have to be able to be more physical and meet fire with fire.  

Therefore, I want our starters to play to see how they respond to a butt whipping like that.

1 hour ago, minnypackerfan said:

Let's hope our starters play.  I went to the scrimmage this week.  Wednesday we looked very good.....both offense and defense....but we got our butts kicked in on Thursday.  The Patriots upped their intensity on Thursday and we just did not match it at all.  Very disappointed in that.  Other teams last year thought they could come in and bully us and when they did they won.  We have to be able to be more physical and meet fire with fire.  

Therefore, I want our starters to play to see how they respond to a butt whipping like that.

Gute in his PC certainly made it sound like starters will play. I wouldn't figure on Bakhtiari though. 

3 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Gute in his PC certainly made it sound like starters will play. I wouldn't figure on Bakhtiari though. 

Hope so.....I was very impressed with our team on Wednesday and I had a feeling that the Patriots coaches were going to give their team hell that night.  Well, the Patriots played the second scrimmage like their lives depended on it.  I give them credit for that.  Now I want to see how we respond.

Report from Pat's practices were that NE was bringing all kinds of looks and creative blitzes, and the Packers were often confused and didn't pick them up well.  Pats not likely to do that much tomorrow, because tomorrow's stuff will be on film, yesterday's was not.  Either way, I think seeing a bunch of creative stuff is probably really good for us.  I don't think Barry calls many creative looks and blitzes, so Jordan and Musgrave and Tom probably don't see much of that in practice.  So really helpful to face some of that in the joint practices.  Doubtful, but hopefully they'll see a little of that tomorrow too.  

5 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

I'd like to see Love go at least one quarter.  Ideally I'd like to see a half out of him and most of the starting offense.  They need a ton of work yet.   I understand the injury risks.  

14 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd like to see Love go at least one quarter.  Ideally I'd like to see a half out of him and most of the starting offense.  They need a ton of work yet.   I understand the injury risks.  

I'd like to see at least half if not more.  Gute spent all offseason saying he needs to play.  Play him, he needs the experience.  After this game you got one more game before we play for keeps.

I think they want to fight but the coaches won't let them. The online audience will be watching and the camera will be recording they won't punch each other too much. Go see the fights and a football game broke out. All that kinetic energy. It's friendship not showbusiness.